Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best airbrush

IHello, I'm finally ready to get my first airbrush. I've done some research and I'm  thinking about either a iwata or passche. I would like to get a double action but I'm not sure how hard they are to get used to. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions for my choices? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

13 hours ago, trapper said:

IHello, I'm finally ready to get my first airbrush. I've done some research and I'm  thinking about either a iwata or passche. I would like to get a double action but I'm not sure how hard they are to get used to. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions for my choices? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

They are not hard to get used to at all.  If I had it to do all over again I think I would start with the Iwata Revolution.  I watch a lot of YT modeling channels and that seems to be a popular one.  IMO these gravity fed airbrushes are much easier to clean.. especially between colors when switching colors.  I have a Neo Iwata CN and it is my go to.  I also have a Paasche H and Paasche VL that I got at a great price when HL put them on clearance.  They are all great but I seem to go to the gravity fed because I feel like I waste less paint.

We have a forum member who has his own site where he posts information about several airbrushes as well as his personal opinions based on testing.  He prefers the Badger 155 Anthem, which I also like because it only requires one needle to shoot all types of paint.

https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/

Edited by Monty

If you have a couple of hours to explore all the options. Paul Budzik has everything you ever wanted to know about airbrushing on his web site. https://paulbudzik.com/tools-techniques/Airbrushing/airbrushing_for_modelers.html Read through this and you will have more knowlege than most of the modelers on this web site.  Of course you can never get the experience level by reading or watching videos.  There is no substitute for using the tool, no matter how much you understand it. 

44 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

If you have a couple of hours to explore all the options. Paul Budzik has everything you ever wanted to know about airbrushing on his web site. https://paulbudzik.com/tools-techniques/Airbrushing/airbrushing_for_modelers.html Read through this and you will have more knowlege than most of the modelers on this web site.  Of course you can never get the experience level by reading or watching videos.  There is no substitute for using the tool, no matter how much you understand it. 

Lots of good stuff here , Thanks for posting

On 4/6/2020 at 4:47 PM, Pete J. said:

Thank you for posting this Pete J. It should be all anyone needs to make the best airbrush purchase for someone who is looking to buy one. Be it their first AB or to add to what they may now need and want to accomplish. Great info.

This should be a separate pinned thread. Mods?

11 hours ago, DPNM said:

Thank you for posting this Pete J. It should be all anyone needs to make the best airbrush purchase for someone who is looking to buy one. Be it their first AB or to add to what they may now need and want to accomplish. Great info.

This should be a separate pinned thread. Mods?

Why not just merge it with the already existing thread about choosing the 1st airbrush?  Do we really need 2 pinned threads about the same subject?