Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

IHello, I'm finally ready to get my first airbrush. I've done some research and I'm  thinking about either a iwata or passche. I would like to get a double action but I'm not sure how hard they are to get used to. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions for my choices? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might start with the PINNED thread near the top of this forum. After reading through that, come back with any specific questions you have that aren't answered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best first airbrush is the single action Paasche H, in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, trapper said:

IHello, I'm finally ready to get my first airbrush. I've done some research and I'm  thinking about either a iwata or passche. I would like to get a double action but I'm not sure how hard they are to get used to. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions for my choices? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

They are not hard to get used to at all.  If I had it to do all over again I think I would start with the Iwata Revolution.  I watch a lot of YT modeling channels and that seems to be a popular one.  IMO these gravity fed airbrushes are much easier to clean.. especially between colors when switching colors.  I have a Neo Iwata CN and it is my go to.  I also have a Paasche H and Paasche VL that I got at a great price when HL put them on clearance.  They are all great but I seem to go to the gravity fed because I feel like I waste less paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Badgers Facebook page has a great video explaining air brush facts  including feed , action and mix. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We have a forum member who has his own site where he posts information about several airbrushes as well as his personal opinions based on testing.  He prefers the Badger 155 Anthem, which I also like because it only requires one needle to shoot all types of paint.

https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/

 

Edited by Monty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a couple of hours to explore all the options. Paul Budzik has everything you ever wanted to know about airbrushing on his web site. https://paulbudzik.com/tools-techniques/Airbrushing/airbrushing_for_modelers.html Read through this and you will have more knowlege than most of the modelers on this web site.  Of course you can never get the experience level by reading or watching videos.  There is no substitute for using the tool, no matter how much you understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

If you have a couple of hours to explore all the options. Paul Budzik has everything you ever wanted to know about airbrushing on his web site. https://paulbudzik.com/tools-techniques/Airbrushing/airbrushing_for_modelers.html Read through this and you will have more knowlege than most of the modelers on this web site.  Of course you can never get the experience level by reading or watching videos.  There is no substitute for using the tool, no matter how much you understand it. 

Lots of good stuff here , Thanks for posting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 4:47 PM, Pete J. said:

Thank you for posting this Pete J. It should be all anyone needs to make the best airbrush purchase for someone who is looking to buy one. Be it their first AB or to add to what they may now need and want to accomplish. Great info.

 

This should be a separate pinned thread. Mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DPNM said:

Thank you for posting this Pete J. It should be all anyone needs to make the best airbrush purchase for someone who is looking to buy one. Be it their first AB or to add to what they may now need and want to accomplish. Great info.

 

This should be a separate pinned thread. Mods?

Why not just merge it with the already existing thread about choosing the 1st airbrush?  Do we really need 2 pinned threads about the same subject?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...