Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Ads Are Now Out of Control!

Interesting. I get no adds, except every great once in a while.

None for the past few weeks I can think of .

On my laptop or phone. And I dont have an add blocker on either one that Im aware of

Im a member on a 1/1 Mopar board and the info links adds there are way, WAY WAY out of control. Especially on my phone

Edited by gtx6970

13 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

I am getting the weird ads over (or really under) posts in the section threads. Annoying, yes. But, this is a free to use site. If I paid for it, I would care. As is, I will deal with it. I would actually pay for the website to get rid of ads.

It has been discussed.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Worse than the insurance commercials, which can at least be entertaining occasionally, (ie, Geico) is the drug commercials!

Steve

I have come to loathe the emu as much I hate the lizard and Flo combined. But I would rather watch six commercials featuring all three of them than that drug one with the Alphonso guy again. :angry:

The one insurance spokesman I kinda like is "Mayhem," especially the ones with Tina Fey. 

Dennis Haysbert is kinda okay, too. You came to trust him not only as The First Black President, but as leader of The Unit. He's cool with me. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I have come to loathe the emu as much I hate the lizard and Flo combined. But I would rather watch six commercials featuring all three of them than that drug one with the Alphonso guy again. :angry:

The one insurance spokesman I kinda like is "Mayhem," especially the ones with Tina Fey. 

Dennis Haysbert is kinda okay, too. You came to trust him not only as The First Black President, but as leader of The Unit. He's cool with me. 

I HATE all car insurance commercials! I think that insurance companies should rely on good rates, and good customer service to sell their insurance, and these companies with the constant STUPID commercials don't offer either(they just say they do).

What kills me about the "new miracle drug" commercials is, at the end of every one they say not to take it if you are allergic to it, but how do you know if you are allergic to it if it's new.

I see the ads are back even more today. 

1 hour ago, RichCostello said:

I HATE all car insurance commercials! I think that insurance companies should rely on good rates, and good customer service to sell their insurance, and these companies with the constant STUPID commercials don't offer either(they just say they do).

What kills me about the "new miracle drug" commercials is, at the end of every one they say not to take it if you are allergic to it, but how do you know if you are allergic to it if it's new.

Some of the ads on TV are a little entertaining. I like the ones with the Racons especially where they steal the Garbage Truck  and then go to the Food Truck gathering. 

I can't even see the  thread list on the left side of the screen !!! The ad's are covering them up

( it took some effort to see this one !)

I have an ad blocker, and it work's on most of the site's I visit....... but not this one.

What's a good Fee to get to use this site AD FREE ?    $25 a year ?    HAPPILY PAY IT !!!!!!

Holy moly, this is some nonsense. 

Sorry to say, but I run an adblocker. Even when disabled though, the site looks nothing like this for me.

As Mike (Xingu) said above, this is being discussed right now, and we are looking at options to help with the problem.

Hang tight, we're trying. :)

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Holy moly, this is some nonsense. 

Sorry to say, but I run an adblocker. Even when disabled though, the site looks nothing like this for me.

As Mike (Xingu) said above, this is being discussed right now, and we are looking at options to help with the problem.

Hang tight, we're trying. :)

I can't imagine running a site like this, how much is a surprise?  We need something different to whine about. ?

12 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

The solution has existed for years-- run an ad blocker-- but some members are too arrogant to do so:

"I don't need to worry about installing an add blocker on any other forum. I shouldn't need to have one here either."

The problem is you continue to let them publicly complain about something they could have resolved long ago. Don't make their arrogance everyone else's problem.