Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Bills72sj

White Freightliner COE day cab dual drive

Recommended Posts

Well it is finally finished. I learned a lot from building this one.  I scratch built and modified a number of items. I highly recommend slotting the frame holes for the cab (tilt/pivot) to facilitate the bazzilion times you will take the cab on and off during the build.

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, beautiful Freightliner! How did you make the antennas?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Safire6 said:

Wow, beautiful Freightliner! How did you make the antennas?

 

Steve, I got them from Auslowe. However, I think all they are are organic brush bristles. When I tried to rattle can them white, the paint beaded making the effect look like spiral wrapped fiberglass antennas. The tips were simply dipped in red Testors enamel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool build. There used to be one just like it runnin here. A few bungees holdin the grille together on the one here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Bill, not sure how I missed this one but that is one B E A Utiful rig there!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Very nice. I like this a lot. The black and gold are a great look for this classic rig. The wheel/tire combo are way better than the AMT offerings and really set the truck off. Great job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Very nice work with an awesome look !!!???

 

5 hours ago, BaBaBooey said:

Cool build. There used to be one just like it runnin here. A few bungees holdin the grille together on the one here though.

 

4 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Wow Bill, not sure how I missed this one but that is one B E A Utiful rig there!!!!!

 

1 hour ago, Oldmopars said:

Very Very nice. I like this a lot. The black and gold are a great look for this classic rig. The wheel/tire combo are way better than the AMT offerings and really set the truck off. Great job. 

Thank you all for the compliments. No bungeed grille here. I would have went with the AMT wheels and tires but I am building another rig that needed them. The Moebius wheel sets are very nice. It does take some creativity to get them to fit onto metal axles though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Nice colour scheme. Great build.

 

12 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Clean, clean, clean.

 

45 minutes ago, Hermann Kersten said:

Nice build and an awesome color scheme.

 

Hermann.

 

20 minutes ago, Vettegasser said:

Awesome build

Thank you all for the encouragement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks awesome!  The black & gold really look great together.  Very well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

???

Don't get any better looking that this!!!!  That Black & Gold are just awesome!!!  Beautiful build!!!!

DJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 7:17 AM, Jim B said:

That looks awesome!  The black & gold really look great together.  Very well done.

 

19 hours ago, TECHMAN said:

???

Don't get any better looking that this!!!!  That Black & Gold are just awesome!!!  Beautiful build!!!!

DJ

 

7 hours ago, Bronzekeg said:

looks great

 

4 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Stunning build Bill !  ?

Thanks guys. Being patient during assembly paid off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Great looking build! I really like the colors!!

Thank you Brian, It seems a lot of folks like the color combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is just beautiful.... Awesome work, Man.... I, absolutely, LOVE that paint scheme.... Beautiful....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 10:10 PM, kilrathy10 said:

This thing is just beautiful.... Awesome work, Man.... I, absolutely, LOVE that paint scheme.... Beautiful....

 

16 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

I totally agree!!

Thanks again guys. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...