Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford Salt Flat called “Salt Lick”

13 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another great project in the making Kerry!  I love what you're doing... you're a seriously good builder sir!

Base on what I seen from you so far I think you appreciate vehicles that operate outside paved paths!!!

I will check back for your next updates. Take care, Francis

Pavement or none I can make them go!! Lol

thanks in your kudos on thinking I’m a good builder! I keep telling my son I’m a hack but he always calls b snot on me!!! 

I build a lot of Kustoms too! Since Photobucket decided to do what they did a year or so ago I don’t have online albums anymore or I’d point you over that way!! 

12 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Pavement or none I can make them go!! Lol

thanks in your kudos on thinking I’m a good builder! I keep telling my son I’m a hack but he always calls b snot on me!!! 

I build a lot of Kustoms too! Since Photobucket decided to do what they did a year or so ago I don’t have online albums anymore or I’d point you over that way!! 

I saw what kind of ravages was done by Photobucket on the forum older posts and it's so sad... all those great story ruined forever!

Fortunately, there some great new posts running and many (like yours) will act as relief treatment...  Keep spinning the wheels my friend!!!

4 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I saw what kind of ravages was done by Photobucket on the forum older posts and it's so sad... all those great story ruined forever!

Fortunately, there some great new posts running and many (like yours) will act as relief treatment...  Keep spinning the wheels my friend!!!

Will do. I don’t use a posting/holding site anymore. I just post right off my phone now.. 

17 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Nice progress and good job on the grille!  That wide opening will bring a lot of fresh cool air for the engine!!!

Hoping so! Radiator is in the trunk... lol ? Deck kid will be louvered and I’m putting air intake scoops on the floor pan underneath the car.. 

4 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Can't wait to see that my friend!  You have good hands doctor...lol ?

Well my hands ain’t thhhhaaaattttt good!! Lol Hands ain’t what they used to be. But they’re still holding on...

28 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Beautiful deck lid Kerry!  I just noticed how small the back window is... this thing will not roll in reverse for sure...  Nice update!!!

Lol. Going as fast as they go on the salt ya doan need a back window anyway!!! ? 

Really, really cool. I am familiar with cutting Flintstone bodies and I know how much work that is. 

If you don't mind me asking, where did the quickchange rear come from? You mentioned it is resin, but who makes it?

38 minutes ago, mrm said:

Really, really cool. I am familiar with cutting Flintstone bodies and I know how much work that is. 

If you don't mind me asking, where did the quickchange rear come from? You mentioned it is resin, but who makes it?

They can be a bit of a challenge for sure but look good when done!!

Quick change is something I got from a friend quite a few years back. Not really sure what kit it came out of..  I know all of the Monogram Sprint cars have nice center sections and I've used a lot of them with new axle tubes ran through them.

3 hours ago, mrm said:

Hi!

You may also find 2 at once in the Mickey Thompson Challenger Bonneville car (the blue one). They are modular, and are easy to adapt to any built. I bought a couple extra kits of that car for the fantastic (for the era...) parts that are included. 

CT

31 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

You may also find 2 at once in the Mickey Thompson Challenger Bonneville car (the blue one). They are modular, and are easy to adapt to any built. I bought a couple extra kits of that car for the fantastic (for the era...) parts that are included. 

CT

Ta Da! Thanks for the info Claude. I’ve never had that kit so I don’t know what’s in it. May have to pick one up sometime!!

3 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Ta Da! Thanks for the info Claude. I’ve never had that kit so I don’t know what’s in it. May have to pick one up sometime!!

Hi Kerry!

Indeed, you should! It was a very detailed kit when it came out, and it remains above the average "current" kit as far as engineering and precision is concerned. Just the wheels and tires (airless experimental at the time) are worth it. Plus, since you are obviously as fond of salt cars as I am... the modular bodywork could be used in scratchbuilt projects of your own design.

It has been issued once as part of a "monster machines" combo pack, including the Tommy Ivo Showboat 4-engine dragster. All in all, a total of 8 engines included between both cars. Who can beat that?

CT