Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford Salt Flat called “Salt Lick”

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 2:54 PM, misterNNL said:

My favorite color is clear 'cause it goes with everything:)

LMBO, true there...…. I thought about black with gold livery of some sort but I don't have any gold decals....

Bright blue maybe???

Have enough green cars and trucks

Yellow of some sort....???

Neon Orange??? Meh!

2 hours ago, DrKerry said:

LMBO, true there...…. I thought about black with gold livery of some sort but I don't have any gold decals....

Bright blue maybe???

Have enough green cars and trucks

Yellow of some sort....???

Neon Orange??? Meh!

Hi Kerry!

May-I suggest a cognac candy hue? Take Tamya's Titanium silver, and dust a light coat of Tamya's clear orange on it. This is what you will end-up with. But then, just my two cents...

CT

DSCF3715 (2).JPG

21 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Kerry!

May-I suggest a cognac candy hue? Take Tamya's Titanium silver, and dust a light coat of Tamya's clear orange on it. This is what you will end-up with. But then, just my two cents...

CT

DSCF3715 (2).JPG

Uuum 2 cents was worth it!! SOLD!!!

I could see it in that color for sure!!!! Love that build, is it yours???

41 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

Uuum 2 cents was worth it!! SOLD!!!

I could see it in that color for sure!!!! Love that build, is it yours???

Hi Kerry!

Yes, it is. It was the subject of a post on this very forum about a year ago. I guess you could find it with the search bar, under: 75 Duster scratchbuilt Pro-Mod, or something similar. Here are just three more pics. Enjoy. 

And to the precise colour combo, I will go back to my notes, to be absolutely certain about the Tamya's colour numbers, and get back to you on this thread ASAP. 

CT

DSCF3719 (2).JPG

DSCF3727 (2).JPG

DSCF3732 (2).JPG

Hi Kerry!

Turns out it was a good thing that i went back to my notes... I was OK about the light (one coat) overcoat of Tamya's transparent orange (TS-73), BUT... the base colour is indeed Tamya's TS-84, i.e. GOLD, not titanium gold. 

So: white primer, TS-84 base, one coat TS-73 candy + clear (in my case: Testor's Wet Look Clear). 

Voilà!

CT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 3:40 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Kerry!

Turns out it was a good thing that i went back to my notes... I was OK about the light (one coat) overcoat of Tamya's transparent orange (TS-73), BUT... the base colour is indeed Tamya's TS-84, i.e. GOLD, not titanium gold. 

So: white primer, TS-84 base, one coat TS-73 candy + clear (in my case: Testor's Wet Look Clear). 

Voilà!

CT

Thanks for the info Claude!! That’s what I think I’m going to for as for color!!

On 11/11/2020 at 3:11 PM, Paul Payne said:

Unless I missed it, I didn't see what the front tires are- I am guessing the old Monogram solid rubbers turned down.

hey Paul, the front tires are the old solid Firestone tires and yup chucked into my tire scuffer and heavily ground to get the rounded look to them..

6 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Well heck! Prepping for paint and snapped drivers side door off!! Now I need to repair the hinge.. thought of gluing the doors shut but it ain’t gonna get the best of me!!! Hinge repair tomorrow morning!!

Never let it get the best of you, even if you have to walk away and come back brother...

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Never let it get the best of you, even if you have to walk away and come back brother...

Well the door won!! Fixing the lower hinge on body side and snapped the upper hinge on the door side and to fix that I’d have to cut into the door to fix and not going there. So! Drivers door is now glued shut! It’s either that or it’s going in a box to be forgotten and I don’t want to do that...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:36 AM, DustyMojave said:

For color, I was going to suggest candy blue with white scallops, or vice-versa. That Duster has a great color to it though. My friend around the corner has a 72 Duster door slammer drag car painted Mopar Plum Crazy.

Blue would look kool too but thinking my mind is set on the orange like the Duster.. Thanks!! LOL

21 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks for the updated photos. I have been noticing the weather there and figured that your weed covered hillside should be buried under ice and snow about now thus giving you some time for model building. Have a safe and productive winter.

Actually no snow here yet.. still green grass outside!! 

Hi Kerry!

I was enjoying a good glass of wine, and looking at old issues of SAE (does life get any better?)... And reading the fine print in a 1998 report about a Wisconsin show, I realized that YOU had built the fantastic side-engined Dodge Charger in bluish primer...   I'm always impressed by your work, and I should have known that your mastery goes back a long time!

So, 23 years later... Bravo for the Charger. I'm finishing a 68 concept Charger, powered by a centrally mounted late-model Hemi, and I was certainly inspired by yours. 

CT