Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bye-bye dog leg door hinges. What glue to attach doors to body?

Jon Cole

I cut the dog leg door and hood hinges off a Testors Dodge Charger R/T Daytona diecast, way back when. Then it got tossed in the "maybe someday" pile. Now I want to finish it, and glue the body panels shut. I am not messing with the paint. Not stripping the paint.
Anyone ever do this before? Glue diecast to diecast? What is the best glue? 
EDIT: The hinges are long gone. Looking to glue panels shut.

MODEL- My 2006 DODGE CHARGER DAYTONA diecast- parts [01].jpg

Edited by Jon Cole

10 hours ago, ranma said:

Loctite  super glue works on die cast metal. Look for it at wal mart get the one that say's it can bond metal ect..

pegamento-loctite-super-glue-adhesivo-liquido-metal-plastico-D_NQ_NP_736421-MLM20783344003_062016-F.jpg

I recommend SuperGlue Gel, if you go this route, much more control.   Walmart has three packs of smaller tubes which keeps them from clogging up. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I can get some of that glue.I normally use Testors,but all the craft stores are locked up tight.And as far as hobby shops,there’s two that I know of on LI,NY,and guess what,they’re closed too.So I ordered some on line.Just waiting for it.Even Ace hardware is closed.