Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DrKerry

Question on Revell Aerodyne semi

Recommended Posts

I know the kit has a 400 Cummins in it but does anyone know what transmission it has in it? I’d have to dig my kit out to look and lazy today. lol 

Im hoping it’s a 13 speed Eaton/Fuller...

Getting parts and such lined up for my Bear rig build! 
Thanks in advance for any help given!!

Doc

610C0278-6B9D-4D50-8706-763D56ACE4FD.jpeg.a484366dc09cd24b9a9fba37b7265d4e.jpeg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't tell you what it is, but here are some pics if it helps you ID it.

20200118_213049.jpg.1ad501a8b2ed4d87243dae46eefb1bc0.jpg

20200118_213054.jpg.71877bc75cc94aa427406ef83fb4ca34.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Can't tell you what it is, but here are some pics if it helps you ID it.

20200118_213049.jpg.1ad501a8b2ed4d87243dae46eefb1bc0.jpg

20200118_213054.jpg.71877bc75cc94aa427406ef83fb4ca34.jpg

Kool! Thank you Dan. Yup that’s a Fuller version.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really suck at identifying transmissions,  glad ya shared a photo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

I really suck at identifying transmissions,  glad ya shared a photo. 

Thanks to Dan on that one!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait to see you start this!

I've just acquired a gold mine in BJ rig parts for my build which I am forever in debt... the dash is still a go it's about 80% done, lots of custom aluminium parts - bumper, mirrors, horns, grill, light surrounds you name it. Will be good to bounce ideas off each other.

Long live BJ McKay!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CharlieBravo said:

Cant wait to see you start this!

I've just acquired a gold mine in BJ rig parts for my build which I am forever in debt... the dash is still a go it's about 80% done, lots of custom aluminium parts - bumper, mirrors, horns, grill, light surrounds you name it. Will be good to bounce ideas off each other.

Long live BJ McKay!!

Very kool!! You made the deal of a lifetime eh?! Think I know which one it is! 

Glad to hear the dash is still a go! Can’t wait to get a couple!! 
 

Im still gathering parts and pics for my build. Maybe after I finish the Pete wrecker I’ll dig into it and get going on it. Would like to meet up with Paul again to get more pics of the real rig too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DrKerry said:

 

Yep, you are now relying on CharlieBravo to get the dash finished & he has a mountain of reference material. 

I wish you all the best. 

Edited by Yahshu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yahshu said:

Yep, you are now relying on CharlieBravo to get the dash finished & he has a mountain of reference material. 

I wish you all the best. 

Thank you Phil!! Wish you the best as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely post about the updated dash, I'd like to have a couple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

Definitely post about the updated dash, I'd like to have a couple.

Chris aka. CharlieBravo is the one doing them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For information, the engine in the Revell K100 is a twin turbo NTC 475, not a 400 wich only has one turbo, so if you leave out one of the turbos you will have a 400...the aftercooler is not the right style but can be modified quite easily.

I have helped Chris with some references for the dash, some views he didn't have, so it's a World wide operation. ;) 
I also want to see a correct Aerodyne dash as none of the K100 Aerodyne kits has one, all are wrong.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Force said:

For information, the engine in the Revell K100 is a twin turbo NTC 475, not a 400 wich only has one turbo, so if you leave out one of the turbos you will have a 400...the aftercooler is not the right style but can be modified quite easily.

I have helped Chris with some references for the dash, some views he didn't have, so it's a World wide operation. ;) 
I also want to see a correct Aerodyne dash as none of the K100 Aerodyne kits has one, all are wrong.

Thanks for the info Hakan!! I want to get a couple of the dashes when they are available. Have two rigs for sure to use them in!! Both of the “Paul” rigs!! Lol Sagehorn’s (Bear) rig and Cox’s blue 79 K100..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Funny...the pictures I helped Chris with was pictures of Paul Cox's truck, I found some very good and detailed pictures of the dash panel under restoration of the truck.:)
I had saved them in case I would do a correct Aerodyne dash myself.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Force said:

Funny...the pictures I helped Chris with was pictures of Paul Cox's truck, I found some very good and detailed pictures of the dash panel under restoration of the truck.:)
I had saved them in case I would do a correct Aerodyne dash myself.

I saw the same pics!! Saved them myself.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Main box of a Road ranger trans externally is the same, on all RT models, the trans depicted in those pics would be either a 13,15, or 18 speed depending on the internals and air shift system. The portion that is called the "Back 1/2" is extended for a set of "splitter" gears. and generally are overdrive gears. Though in some construction applications can be built internally with " under drive" or sometimes called "Deep Reduction" gears and turns the whole low side box into granny gears on steroids. An 8,9, or 10 speed the "Back 1/2 would be fairly flat.  I have worked as a mechanic for over 30 years, and have my finger bit several times overhauling Road Rangers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dad vader said:

The Main box of a Road ranger trans externally is the same, on all RT models, the trans depicted in those pics would be either a 13,15, or 18 speed depending on the internals and air shift system. The portion that is called the "Back 1/2" is extended for a set of "splitter" gears. and generally are overdrive gears. Though in some construction applications can be built internally with " under drive" or sometimes called "Deep Reduction" gears and turns the whole low side box into granny gears on steroids. An 8,9, or 10 speed the "Back 1/2 would be fairly flat.  I have worked as a mechanic for over 30 years, and have my finger bit several times overhauling Road Rangers. 

Thanks for the info Richard, I've never rebuilt any transmissions but have pulled and swapped a few.. Heavy little buggers too!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...