Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks. Yeah I added a few bits of wire to liven it up a bit. I used Walmarts  Color Place brand of paint, Fire Red. Not sure if it's still available. In researching it I found 1 painted in green for fleet use, all others were red.

Edited by Classicgas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Classicgas said:

Thanks. Yeah I added a few bits of wire to liven it up a bit. I used Walmarts  Color Place brand of paint, Fire Red. Not sure if it's still available. In researching it I found 1 painted in green for fleet use, all others were red.

Never saw the green. A model company made a black one in HO scale and I had seen a blue one but can't find the pic.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:58 PM, Classicgas said:

I also added a little wiring, and stuff like a battery tie-down strap.  Also nuts and bolts on the front suspension, and a few other places.  I went the Rusty 'n Crusty route with mine.  And if a kit has a toolbox, I want tools in it!

Dsc_0060.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Lee, very nice build. I like it in Red, looks just right. I bought one of these a few months back. I plan on building mine a bit custom. I’m thinking a blown hemi with tractor pull tires and other parts from the Orange Blossom Special kit. Kind of a real tractor pull vehicle. 
Cheers Steve

On 9/25/2020 at 7:16 PM, Steve H said:

Hi Lee, very nice build. I like it in Red, looks just right. I bought one of these a few months back. I plan on building mine a bit custom. I’m thinking a blown hemi with tractor pull tires and other parts from the Orange Blossom Special kit. Kind of a real tractor pull vehicle. 
Cheers Steve

Thanks. That sounds cool. 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:55 AM, GeeBee said:

Very nice build, I've built both of the Revell tractor kits now, I'm hoping Revell releases more of them, I'm sure they have plenty to choose from. 

Thanks.  I want to get the other one. Haven't seen it yet.