Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell's kit. First time I've done a tractor. You will need to enlarge holes and remove paint from where parts fit together. Nice little kit. Look forward to the next in the series.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great job and look so cool

Looks great! it looks like you added some wiring to the battery and starter motor? I will be starting on mine soon. Can I ask what paint you used?

Posted (edited)

Thanks. Yeah I added a few bits of wire to liven it up a bit. I used Walmarts  Color Place brand of paint, Fire Red. Not sure if it's still available. In researching it I found 1 painted in green for fleet use, all others were red.

Edited by Classicgas

OK thanks for the info.  I like that color on it.

Yeah I've seen pics that seems to indicate a couple different reds were used.

Very nice build!  I bought two of these. One to build as you did and one for the interesting array of parts for other projects 

Very nice Lee.

Nice job!  This is making me want to get one, have seen a few built.  If they are doing a series, will there be a Lamborghini?

Thanks. This is the next one. No idea if they'll do a Lamborghini. Sorry for the bad pic.

image.jpeg

On 4/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Classicgas said:

Thanks. Yeah I added a few bits of wire to liven it up a bit. I used Walmarts  Color Place brand of paint, Fire Red. Not sure if it's still available. In researching it I found 1 painted in green for fleet use, all others were red.

Never saw the green. A model company made a black one in HO scale and I had seen a blue one but can't find the pic.

Never come across any pics of blue or black. I used the bing search engine. 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:58 PM, Classicgas said:

I also added a little wiring, and stuff like a battery tie-down strap.  Also nuts and bolts on the front suspension, and a few other places.  I went the Rusty 'n Crusty route with mine.  And if a kit has a toolbox, I want tools in it!

Dsc_0060.jpg