Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any pics of builds painted with Testors Aztek Opaque Purple and/or Testors Aztek Pearl Gold?

I saw the notice the other day indicating that Testors is divesting itself of several paint lines, including their Aztek acrylics.  I've been trying to find a dark, non-metallic, non-pearl purple for some time, so the Aztek variant (TES9448) might be my last/best chance.  

I've also got a project in the on-deck circle that I'd like to do in a certain shade of gold, and I'm curious about the Aztec Gold Pearl (TES9472), hence the request for pics.  

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the Aztek series of acrylics?  They seem kinda expensive for 2 oz bottles.  

20 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

This firebird was painted with Aztek red pearl. I really like how it goes on too! I have the gold pearl but haven’t used it yet.

1A4142CE-EA8E-48C2-8C4D-1427A9403A34.jpeg

Great color and application!  There's a YouTube video out there where the host purposely jacks up the PSI and airbrushes his Aztek paint much closer than what most of us would, just to show how well this paint flows out.  Now that it's being discontinued, I'm thinking I may have missed out on some great stuff.

To follow up on Dave G's comment, it does look like some of the Emberglo paint that was in use at the time.  

Thanks for your reply. Now hurry up and spray that Gold Pearl so I can see it  : )

21 hours ago, 935k3 said:

I do nt have pics but I tested them and found them to be the best acrylics I have ever used

Over the years I've seen enough of your paint work to know that if you say it's good, it's good.  Guess I need to grab what I can while I can.

10 minutes ago, Monty said:

Over the years I've seen enough of your paint work to know that if you say it's good, it's good.  Guess I need to grab what I can while I can.

I did! FYI...That firebird is also cleared with Aztek 9496 gloss.