Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kits or resin bodies of Land Yacht cars?

I had an idea for an extremely customized land yacht type car. The only problem with that is I can’t think of any model kits that would fit the land yacht category. 

So, with that being said, are there any plastic kits or resin bodies of late-‘60s to mid-‘70s, large, full size cars? 

Thanks In Advance

If your going to be customising everything, hasegawa have 4 full size curbsides, a caddy, buick, chevy and thunderbird. the bodies are nice but the interiors are very generic with the entire dash being a decal. The chassis is pretty much a flat sheet too

Land Yachts you say. Round 2 has reissued an old MPC kit of the '70 Pontiac Bonneville that has several build options. The kit represents a Convertible with the option of being built as a pickup. The chassis is the old metal axel thru the engine style that can easily be changed. A Hard Top could be barrowed from kit if need be. This was a large car, and the kit is a long full size car so this may be a thought and the complete kit can be had for less than a Resin Body alone. 

If you're trying to get up into the early "malaise era," MPC did Chevy Impala annual kits up to at least 1975. I don't know if they were ever re-issued, but I know they're out there. Pretty sure I've seen a '74-75 Plymouth Fury coupe as well. And maybe a Cordoba?