Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for--A Mail Order Hobby Shop in California

I've been getting kits from a couple of Well Known Mail Order outfits. One in Georgia and One in Wisconsin. Both have decent prices and great service. My problem?  Postage/Shipping costs.  I'm paying over 30.00 to ship my orders (usually 4 kits)  I'm losing a whole kit, with every shipment.

So, I'm wondering, are there any Kit Pushers based in California or on the West Coast, that might allow me to shave some of the shipping costs?  If there aren't, of course, I'll still keep using the 2 I use now.

2 minutes ago, von Zipper said:

Give Burbank's House of Hobbies a call , they sell on eBay and take phone orders

I've purchased from them on eBay, too.

MegaHobby in NJ offers free shipping on orders over $100, too..

1 hour ago, stinkybritches said:

I don't know if they are untouchable, but I have had a couple of pleasant experiences with them. Fast shipping, even with all the stuff that's happening now.

They are getting slammed now.. I guess all the modelers are stuck home and ordering more.  Good to hear they are still shipping fast.  I am very impressed with their packing too.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, jchrisf said:

They are getting slammed now.. I guess all the modelers are stuck home and ordering more.  Good to hear they are still shipping fast.  I am very impressed with their packing too.

I just placed an order Scale Hobbyist hope it ships as fast as you guys say.

47 minutes ago, ScaleSpeedShop said:

I just placed an order Scale Hobbyist hope it ships as fast as you guys say.

Let us know.. the website says they are a couple days behind due to the larger than normal ordering.  

I'm good for a while.. got my last order that last week of March before all this quarantine

Haul2.JPEG

I ordered necessary supplies from an eBay vendor in New Jersey.  I basically searched for a vendor who had the things I needed....  glue, putty, accelerator...  at reasonable prices without excessive shipping charges.  I ordered on Thursday afternoon and it arrived here in Pennsylvania on Saturday.  Easy peasy! 

Pegasus Hobbies is located in Montclair, California, I have been to the Moreno St shop lots of times and I think they do mail orders too.
Their website is not that good but they usually have lots of kits and accessories.

• 1 month later...