Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1998 Trans Am

mustang1989

On 5/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

So this is where you were hiding my friend!

There's nothing wrong to have a side project to relax a little bit from a very demanding project like your Maverick.  You made great and fast progress on this build Joe and this bird will look good I have no doubt about it!!!

Sorry for the late reply Francis. Thanks for tagging along. 

I just finished the interior up this morning. The door panels were giving me a lot of trouble at first in regards to painting the two tone effect but I managed a way around it.

Just remove the hard to mask area.

lndtoB.jpg

and then mask and paint. Finished interior:

IcWYUC.jpg

PrBtc3.jpg

K4D8mO.jpg

Been working on the body for the last couple of days. Shot the color coat on yesterday morning and managed to sand out the few dust flakes that did manage to make their way into the color coat this morning. After cleaning the body up I decanted and shot the Wet Look Clear on. Man I love this stuff!!!! 

tIT0lo.jpg

6aIAiT.jpg

1Rbg3N.jpg

17 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Wow this looks awesome the shine is blinding beautiful paint work 

The interior bits look sharp too

Thanks Jeff! 

17 hours ago, kelson said:

That's looks like a perfect paint job!!?

Preciate that Curtis. Thanks for following. 

15 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Gorgeous paint job Joe, looks like the paint is still wet... the color is so bright and intense that it pull my eyes!   You nailed it buddy!!!

Thanks goes out to you as well Francis. I continue to learn from all the good people here to include yourself. Thanks goes out to all for being an inspiration to get better in our hobby here.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working really hard on getting this car completed so I can get back on the Maverick. Still a ways to go with all the last minute little stuff and just making sure that it all comes together as well as possible. 

Body is pretty much done. Still gotta add the side mirrors and take care of some minor details but here's what the front and side views look like so far with the pieces all loosely fit together.

I really need to work with my camera little more because the color looks more like a faded red in the photos instead of the bright red that it actually is.

N8qXdZ.jpg

XkkkO6.jpg

Now....this is where most of the corrective work needs to be done. There are some fit issues back here in regards to the apron-to-body fit along with some minor wet sanding and polishing of the tail light assy that I painted black. In any case I've always liked the look of the dark tinted tail light panel versus the stock tail lights on these cars. ust gives them an evil look back there.

uT3c1W.jpg

20 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

The body looks beautiful and accurate Joe!  The black mask around the windshield and back window make a very nice contrast.  Nice touch on the tail lights too!  Don't rush anything, the Maverick will wait for you anyway...

Thanks for the very kind comments Francis.

11 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks outstanding and Joe it does not look like faded red! Your camera work is fine...

Thanks Carl. 'Preciate it man.

8 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Looks great Joe... I'd love to drive one of these cars.

Thanks Chris. I drove more than my fair share of these cars when they were new. Awesome rides.