Model Cars Magazine Forum

4 bay "Day 2" Hobby Garage

Bills72sj

35 minutes ago, BeakDoc said:

Very cool garage! I’ve been following along. I just recently started construction of my own garage. I’ll certainly be borrowing several of your ideas. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Chris, You are welcome. I recommend the hidden metal floor and getting magnets installed BEFORE paint. (Unlike me where I did it after). All the custom decals are fairly easy but time consuming. Enjoy (and share) your project.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 5:47 AM, Anglia105E said:

Really nice SnapOn tool box and tool cart there. Bill....... and you have a good friend in Tim, for sure.

David

Thank you David. Tim is an avid diorama builder and has a whole bunch of really cool ones. He found my one online here and was floored when he found out we live in the same town. We have been trading ideas and parts a number of times since.

9 hours ago, ksnow said:

I love this shop. Everything is just right. That tool box is a great touch. Any plans for a top to it? Most of the boxes in the real world have plastic, steel or wood tops.

Kyle, Thank you very much. Yes there is a plan. I want to make a transparent top with 10 fixtures from an AMT NASCAR trailer kit. I will add LEDs that light and are controlled by a remote control. Unfortunately, the demand from businesses for COVID shields has wiped out the local supply of Plexiglass. I will get back to it eventually.