Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave and Edie Cox`s : High Country "Thunder Van" On the Workbench 4/12/20

Hey John,

If this double posts, it's because I went back to look at something while replying and when I came back.........poof..........my reply was gone.  Anyways, I went back and checked out the whole build again.  I missed details many  even though I've been following along.  She looks great.  2 queries for you.   1.   How did you form that fantastic mesh screen for the engine intake?   2.  What did you use specifically to get the scratches out of the glass........it's perfect.  

Saw the bike build with Curt too and it's so crazy that everyone should check that out.   Cheers sir! 

2 hours ago, Codi said:

Hey John,

If this double posts, it's because I went back to look at something while replying and when I came back.........poof..........my reply was gone.  Anyways, I went back and checked out the whole build again.  I missed details many  even though I've been following along.  She looks great.  2 queries for you.   1.   How did you form that fantastic mesh screen for the engine intake?   2.  What did you use specifically to get the scratches out of the glass........it's perfect.  

Saw the bike build with Curt too and it's so crazy that everyone should check that out.   Cheers sir! 

Hi Tim.....the Mesh I got from my good Buddy you know who he is....I cut a piece and  rolled It around a wooden pencil .which rolled into the perfect shape to attach to the intake.Then I cut a round piece and attached it to the front.

I wet sanded the windshield with 1200 then 2000 then 2500 then polished it out with Blue Magic Metal Polish .....then polished it out with 3M Glazing Polish .

thanks for asking Buddy

Edited by John Teresi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, John. 

I am the daughter in law of Dave & Edie.  When you have a moment, I'd like to syn on the model you built of the van a few years ago.

Thank you.

Michelle

westsidecr@yahoo.com

On 8/9/2023 at 10:25 AM, Cox said:

Hi, John. 

I am the daughter in law of Dave & Edie.  When you have a moment, I'd like to syn on the model you built of the van a few years ago.

Thank you.

Michelle

westsidecr@yahoo.com

Hi Michelle …..I sent you a message to your email.

best,John