Model Cars Magazine Forum

'72 Chevy shortbox stepside

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't polished it out yet but the paint is finished. It's just sitting together loose here.

Definitely not going with these wheels, they just happen to be on the chassis when I got it. Haven't decided on exactly which wheels I'll go with yet.

2v2Hz1M8ox2A694.jpg

2v2Hz1MM2x2A694.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I now have the paint polished out and the bed assembled.

I just used the AMT GMC stepside fenders on the rest of the Revell '65 bed.

I had to put a couple filler pieces on the bottom of the bed sides to close up a gap left as the '72 fenders are a bit shorter than the '65.

IMG 2972

IMG 2973

• 2 months later...

Haven't had a lot of time to work on models the last couple months but here's an update.

The suspension and frame is all repainted and the engine is glued down solid. Grille and bumper's mounted and some of the foil work's done. The wheels are also done.

Unfortunately, while doing the foil, I put too much pressure on the previously damaged A-pillar and it broke in a couple pieces. All glued back together and reinforced now but the putty still needs sanded down and the area repainted. I also redid the lettering on the tailgate.

2v2aEVDPMx2A694.jpg

2v2aEVDkzx2A694.jpg

IMG 2991

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks really good, Steve.  Do you have the Pinto on hold?  I want too see what you how you build it.

I idid put the Pinto on hold for the moment Carl. I had too many projects on the table. But it'll be coming back soon. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, sidschopshop said:

Can-con, could you post what color green you used for the body?  That is very similar to my real truck and am having a hard time finding the color to paint my own AMT kit to match.  Thanks!

It's 69 Pontiac limelight green from scale finishes.