Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
ukfiveo

Fujimi 1969 GT40

Recommended Posts

Been a member for a while but not posted much,  I have had limited time to build anything recently but now due to world events I find myself with plenty of spare time. 

This is actually the 68 version of chassis 1075 built with Shunko decals as the 69 #6 car.  Zero paints were used for the blue and orange. The Firestone tyre decals fell apart, replacements on order. Really enjoyed it despite my less than youthful eyes these days.

 

 

20200413_170842.jpg

20200413_171004.jpg

20200413_170949.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome.  I am second guessing using the wide tires on my 1049 build.  Are you getting decals from Fireball Modelworks? I hope to see some more builds (of GT40's) if you have any more kits.  I have enough to last me many many months even with more unexpected free time.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My decals came from Hiroboy in the UK. These Fujimi 40's are a rare thing these days. I do have the Trumpeter 66 car though......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice build.  Did you lower the stance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ukfiveo said:

My decals came from Hiroboy in the UK. These Fujimi 40's are a rare thing these days. I do have the Trumpeter 66 car though......

Like many builders I have done some hoarding over the years. ?Not shown are about six more more including the Revell version which I have mostly used for transkits to include a Mirage, 66 Sebring roadster, the Thunder Valley 69 Lemans and CMA kit I recently finished.  It will be interesting to compare the MENG to the Trumpeter kit. Needless to say neither one will be perfect but unless the Meng is really bad I am sure I will get one.  After all - I bought the 1/16 Bandai kit off Ebay but did not pay a fortune.

IMG_7357.JPG

IMG_7612.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ukfiveo said:

Awesome stash ?

Thanks.  I limit what I build (Mustangs, Cobras, GT40 and a few Panteras) but scale wise I have everything from 1/87 to 1/12.  I still build some 1/43 kits but not very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ukfiveo said:

Been a member for a while but not posted much,  I have had limited time to build anything recently but now due to world events I find myself with plenty of spare time. 

This is actually the 68 version of chassis 1075 built with Shunko decals as the 69 #6 car.  Zero paints were used for the blue and orange. The Firestone tyre decals fell apart, replacements on order. Really enjoyed it despite my less than youthful eyes these days.

 

 

20200413_170842.jpg

20200413_171004.jpg

20200413_170949.jpg

Very nice, one of my favorite subjects! Great paintwork!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, clean build.  Your photographic skills are pretty awesome too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice build of my all-time favourite sports racer (since I had owned the Matchbox Ford GT in 1965 or 66).

I have built Fujimi's  '66 LM winner and runnerup and have a lot of their kits in my stash (too much to build, too little time!):

Arii (ex-LS) 11122   1/24 1965 Ford GT 40 (Daytona Winner)
Revell (Fujimi reissue) 7131   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II #98 (1.Daytona)
Fujimi 12102   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II (2. Le Mans)
Fujimi 12103   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II (3. Le Mans)
Fujimi 12132   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk I
Fujimi 12166   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Essex Wire Monza 1966
Fujimi 12134   1/24 1967 Ford GT 40 Targa Florio 1967 (Ford France)
Fujimi 12135   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 F. English (Spa 1966)
Fujimi 12137   1/24 1968 Ford GT 40 Le Mans winner 1968 (Gulf)
Fujimi 12140   1/24 1969 Ford GT 40 Le Mans winner 1969 (Gulf)
Le Mans Miniatures 124030K   1/24 1967 Ford GT Mk IV (Le Mans winner), Resin
Mini Exotics 826   1/24 1967 Ford Mirage JW-1 ResinTranskit (Gulf, Spa 1.)    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very nice build of my all-time favourite sports racer (since I had owned the Matchbox Ford GT in 1965 or 66).

I have built Fujimi's  '66 LM winner and runnerup and have a lot of their kits in my stash (too much to build, too little time!):

Arii (ex-LS) 11122   1/24 1965 Ford GT 40 (Daytona Winner)
Revell (Fujimi reissue) 7131   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II #98 (1.Daytona)
Fujimi 12102   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II (2. Le Mans)
Fujimi 12103   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk II (3. Le Mans)
Fujimi 12132   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk I
Fujimi 12166   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 Essex Wire Monza 1966
Fujimi 12134   1/24 1967 Ford GT 40 Targa Florio 1967 (Ford France)
Fujimi 12135   1/24 1966 Ford GT 40 F. English (Spa 1966)
Fujimi 12137   1/24 1968 Ford GT 40 Le Mans winner 1968 (Gulf)
Fujimi 12140   1/24 1969 Ford GT 40 Le Mans winner 1969 (Gulf)
Le Mans Miniatures 124030K   1/24 1967 Ford GT Mk IV (Le Mans winner), Resin
Mini Exotics 826   1/24 1967 Ford Mirage JW-1 ResinTranskit (Gulf, Spa 1.)    

Looks like we have the same list.  I have MPC/IMC/Testors/ Aurora GT40's as well.  The race is on to build them is on.  At one a month it would take me 24 months. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Like many builders I have done some hoarding over the years. ?Not shown are about six more more including the Revell version which I have mostly used for transkits to include a Mirage, 66 Sebring roadster, the Thunder Valley 69 Lemans and CMA kit I recently finished.  It will be interesting to compare the MENG to the Trumpeter kit. Needless to say neither one will be perfect but unless the Meng is really bad I am sure I will get one.  After all - I bought the 1/16 Bandai kit off Ebay but did not pay a fortune.

IMG_7357.JPG

IMG_7612.JPG

Trade one for some 2 ply toilet paper ? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...