Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rainbows of Hope Over NYC

SfanGoch

27 minutes ago, slusher said:

New York is taking a beating very bad. You doing good Joe?

So far, so good Carl. We're staying in the house for the duration. The only time I go out is to get milk and other perishables and that's once a week. We won't even take the chance of strolling on the boardwalk one block away. It isn't worth the risk. My younger sister is presently recovering from COVID-19. Her son, my nephew, is a cop and he's outside exposed to all the nasty dirtbags who aren't even following minimum protective procedures. I salute all of the police, firefighters, EMS and medical personnel who are on the front lines risking their own health and safety.

I know that more than a few here don't want to read about this. Cool; but, until you've been affected to the level that I, and everyone else in my city has, don't rag on me for talking about it. It truly is a living nightmare straight out of a horror movie. We can't run or hide from it; it's literally everywhere. Being able to talk about it, even in a limited fashion, is therapeutic. If my writing about it pisses anyone off, so be it. Just be glad you're not in my place.

9 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

So far, so good Carl. We're staying in the house for the duration. The only time I go out is to get milk and other perishables and that's once a week. We won't even take the chance of strolling on the boardwalk one block away. It isn't worth the risk. My younger sister is presently recovering from COVID-19. Her son, my nephew, is a cop and he's outside exposed to all the nasty dirtbags who aren't even following minimum protective procedures. I salute all of the police, firefighters, EMS and medical personnel who are on the front lines risking their own health and safety.

I know that more than a few here don't want to read about this. Cool; but, until you've been affected to the level that I, and everyone else in my city has, don't rag on me for talking about it. It truly is a living nightmare straight out of a horror movie. We can't run or hide from it; it's literally everywhere. Being able to talk about it, even in a limited fashion, is therapeutic. If my writing about it pisses anyone off, so be it. Just be glad you're not in my place.

Pm me anytime you want to talk Joe...

Awesome rainbows. Take care.
We are, and have been, hunkered down here. Basically, like you - trip about every 8 or 9 days to the store.  
I know two people with Covid. The more we can do, or really, the less we do, the better we will all be. 

Edited by Erik Smith