Model Cars Magazine Forum

It be nice to see these 5 out again

robo37

Like to see them out again I know the 1 hasn't seen light of days for years but they way they are bringing some of the older stuff back maybe they can,,the caprice would be nice to see again since they brought out the dart again the others shouldn't be that hard either

a16a501fc4b94850d19ce31bf87cb378.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

AMT%20T357-300%20IndyDragVG+.jpg

b13c4dc5954a69618a475441028b20a6.jpg

With the prices I've been seeing on fleabay for the most recent reissue of the Caprice, they should reissue it again.  I'd like to get a couple more.   If what they say about the Supernatural '67 Impala 4 dr being true (the 2 dr fastback mold was not "destroyed" when they did the 4 dr sedan), I'd like to see R2 do a 4 door sedan version off the '76 Caprice.     

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Just finish building the Chevy II Rat Packer. What piece of you know what. Details are weak. Parts don't fit well. A beautiful body that only reminds one how pretty the original non modified Chevy II must have been. 

IMG_3834.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

Agree completely. You have to look at this kit as a box of POTENTIAL. 

I'm going to "un-alter" the wheelbase on one about halfway (more like the real ones) and put it on a new chassis. 

Another one I'm gonna take the wheelbase all the way back to stock and make a Pro Street or street freak out of it using the '66 Nova PS chassis. 

On 4/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, Snake45 said:

Agree completely. You have to look at this kit as a box of AIR WITH SOME PARTS IN IT. 

I'm going to "un-alter" the wheelbase on one about halfway (more like the real ones) and put it on a new chassis. 

Another one I'm gonna take the wheelbase all the way back to stock and make a Pro Street or street freak out of it using the '66 Nova PS chassis. 

FIFY :P

The Nova Wagon was converted into the Boss Nova and I doubt they will re-work the tool again. The Rat Packer is based on the stock Chevy II and that never came back as a stock version. 

Maybe it is time for them to make a new tool of these cars. 

The Galaxy was a shelves warmer the last time it was issued. I bought mine on discount when they got put clearance , and so was the Caprice. But maybe new Retro Box art would make them sellers. 

23 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

The Nova Wagon was converted into the Boss Nova and I doubt they will re-work the tool again. The Rat Packer is based on the stock Chevy II and that never came back as a stock version. 

Maybe it is time for them to make a new tool of these cars. 

The Galaxy was a shelves warmer the last time it was issued. I bought mine on discount when they got put clearance , and so was the Caprice. But maybe new Retro Box art would make them sellers. 

That's too bad about the Nova. I would love one of those.  We can hope though, right?

I'm regretting selling my Boss Nova wagon a few years ago. Friend on mine in our Model Club, was looking at it, when I took it to the meeting, and offered me twice what I had just paid for it on the spot. That included the shipping! I thought I'd made a pretty good deal, as I planned to go back to Pegasus Hobbies and get another one, the next week.  Well, you how plans go......

Had a family emergency happen, and I never did get down to Pegasus. By the time I did (a year later) the Boss Nova Wagons were rapidly becoming "Un-Obtainium". I'm still kicking myself.  I need to start looking at the 'Bay, and track down another. (And agree to pay the price...)

On 4/21/2020 at 6:35 PM, alexis said:

I'm regretting selling my Boss Nova wagon a few years ago. Friend on mine in our Model Club, was looking at it, when I took it to the meeting, and offered me twice what I had just paid for it on the spot. That included the shipping! I thought I'd made a pretty good deal, as I planned to go back to Pegasus Hobbies and get another one, the next week.  Well, you how plans go......

Had a family emergency happen, and I never did get down to Pegasus. By the time I did (a year later) the Boss Nova Wagons were rapidly becoming "Un-Obtainium". I'm still kicking myself.  I need to start looking at the 'Bay, and track down another. (And agree to pay the price...)

There are several on eBay right now, and the prices aren't THAT bad (considering what common new kits sell for). 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:18 AM, stevez said:

wasn't Moebius coming out with a Nova/chevy II gasser couple years ago there was a prototype built.  It's has sort of been back burnered, with Moebius sale. 

That was a '64 SS Nova . The Test Shot was on display at Model Shows , During the Time of the announcement . The AMT is a '65 MY .. Thanx

17 hours ago, dimaxion said:

That was a '64 SS Nova . The Test Shot was on display at Model Shows , During the Time of the announcement . The AMT is a '65 MY .. Thanx

Yeah, wonder what happened to the moebius kit....

Latest rumors about the Moebius kit, IIRC, was that the new owners(Pegasus Hobby), are aware of the of the work, but are still busy with the complications of the purchase, so it may be sometime before anything gets done.

All I know is what I read here, so I could be completely wrong. Since the Test Shot was a 3D printed piece as far as I know, the "Kit" exists only as CAD files right now. I suspect that since some work was done on the project, it may see the light of day, at some undetermined future date. However, as well all know, translating 3D files to completed tooling is an expensive process, fraught with small roadblocks.

It is my belief (and only MY belief, unsupported by any inside knowledge) that 'someday' we may see this kit. However there is a Metric Ton of money and work that will be needed to make it happen, and that things change with Model Companies all the time. So, Pegasus Hobby owns Moebius, and Moebius did the CAD work. That is all that is definitive at this time.