Model Cars Magazine Forum

Its Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!

Dann Tier

I decided to build this now -collectors would CRINGE!!  Tina got me this kit in mint...still sealed, but i'm a Builder!....hope you all enjoy following!

-Photo 1-3; It feels like my car is in the same shape as when Potts himself found it, lol...these are all the main builds being rough sanded.

d562ab8f81ea25180fc9c6aa51541ca4.jpg

DSCF9607.JPG

DSCF9608.JPG

DSCF9609.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

6 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I had the Corgi of this car, like all of them got wrecked or disappeared.   What a fun subject, never knew there was a model of this.  Pulling up a chair......

Great to have you along too, Bud! -pull up a piece of real estate!!

13 hours ago, geetee66 said:

I loved that movie and I've still got my original Dinky toy with all the figures and wings! 

Fortunately,  the car features heavily in the movie, so there's plenty of chances to check details.

I'll be watching your progress ? 

Happy to have you along, Bud!!....bet that toy fetches a few Pounds these days!!!

Cool. I'll be watching!  I have one of those too.  Mine is  a badly started kit,  all the parts off trees in a warped box.  I found it at a Toledo show many years ago for $10.  I thought for sure it would be just a parts kit, but once I did inventory I found that it was missing one part... a gas cap!   I should build it.

15 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Cool. I'll be watching!  I have one of those too.  Mine is  a badly started kit,  all the parts off trees in a warped box.  I found it at a Toledo show many years ago for $10.  I thought for sure it would be just a parts kit, but once I did inventory I found that it was missing one part... a gas cap!   I should build it.

Thanks for joining in, Bud!!....$10!!!...thats a remarkable price!!!!...this one cost Tina $425     -you should build yours!!!

15 hours ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

Didn't even know it came as a kit, will be interesting to follow.

Apart from less than stellar plating, and a couple VERY vague fitment instructions, this is a pretty freaking sweet kit! -thanks for following!!