Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell V.W Golf GTi MK1

GeeBee

9 hours ago, beeRS said:

Another big thumbs up for that colour from me. Is it a metallic or a pearl finish?

It's a metallic finish Sonny, it will look a lot better once it's been clearcoated, these Zero paints really do have a scale metallic,unlike using regular auto paint,which look wrong because of the larger metallic particles.

Inari silver was a popular colour on Golf's, Polo's and Audi's, just not very popular on the GTi

Edited by GeeBee

11 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

It's a metallic finish Sonny, it will look a lot better once it's been clearcoated, these Zero paints really do have a scale metallic,unlike using regular auto paint,which look wrong because of the larger metallic particles.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. The last time I sprayed a model with automotive metallic paint the fleck, just looked wrong. On you're Golf it looks just right. I wasn't sure if it was a solid colour or metallic from the poor resolution on my screen. I've yet to try Zero paints, but I will soon. Thanks for the tip.

10 minutes ago, beeRS said:

Thats exactly what I was thinking. The last time I sprayed a model with automotive metallic paint the fleck, just looked wrong. On you're Golf it looks just right. I wasn't sure if it was a solid colour or metallic from the poor resolution on my screen. I've yet to try Zero paints, but I will soon. Thanks for the tip.

It's the first time I've actually used Zero paints, even though I've got a few bottles of Zero in the paint cupboard, I spray at around 20 p.s.I using a Paasche VL, it sprays out real smooth, I'd recommend their paints to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I know how Revell got so many colour call outs wrong on their latest Land Rover kit, when they can't even get them right on a German car, not only does the fuel injection metering head and air hose look like it's been drawn by a five year old, they tell you to paint it aluminium and steel, good job I used to work for the Volkswagen Audi Group.....

FB_IMG_1592169664155.jpg

FB_IMG_1592169670508.jpg

FB_IMG_1592169667378.jpg

50 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

WOW!!!, you're really cracking on!!!!! -looks Brilliant!!!!

Cheers Dann, I faced my nemesis yesterday ( I hate applying decals) and got the dashboard finished, also painted the steering wheel spokes with some very old Humbrol Metalkote polished aluminium, fitted the seat belt storks, even picked out the release buttons in Tamiya red enamel, got the wheels clearcoated and picked out the centre caps and wheel nut covers in satin black.

20200618_220051.jpg

20200618_220045.jpg

20200618_124302.jpg

20200618_121504.jpg

Interior all built up, Tamiya masking tape holding everything in place while the epoxy resin dries up, seat belt buckles were picked out using a silver Uni paint marker, decanted and applied with a fine brush, popped the steering wheel onto the column and fixed it to the dashboard.

FB_IMG_1592600208031.jpg

FB_IMG_1592600204722.jpg

FB_IMG_1592600202031.jpg

FB_IMG_1592600199295.jpg

FB_IMG_1592600196512.jpg

FB_IMG_1592600191087.jpg