Model Cars Magazine Forum

Attention Resin casters

Hi everyone , need to know if anybody knows of someone that can make-up a set of wheels from Resin-

not sure how I can go about getting them made because there is not anything that can be used as a master for it . I have seen alisting for a company out there called geronimo works that cast's wheels that are origionals ,not made from another wheel out there .Maybe there is someone here located in the U.S. that does or is capable of doing the same

the picture below is the wheel Iam looking to have made- 20" Shelby Razor wheel in 1/24-1/25 scale

thanks

Harry

shelby_razor_wheelS.jpg

Edited by white00gt

Before you can ask for a caster, you need to work out the master. Casting is the easy part.

Unfortuanately I'm not that skilled - wish I knew how these guys come up with products that have not been made yet then cast them in resin -for example this website http://www.automobilminiaturen.de/product_...a9da3f8ce563643,

has a saleen supercharger for the revell mustang I have not seen that part before although if someone in the US sold it I would buy a few in a heartbeat.....same goes for the Shelby wheels and if someone made the 25th ann. Saleen wheels I would buy them as well

Anyway thats what I am asking , if someone knows how to cast origional parts

Edited by white00gt

Get some plastic and play, that is the only way to learn. I know that sounds kind of like a smart alec comment, but its not meant to be. I find the easiest way to start is get some good reference material, and break it down into small pieces. If there is already a similar part available, cheat and start with the usable portions (in this case perhaps the rim).

In the case of the wheel you posted, you essentially have a pentagon in the center with five straight spokes radiating from the corners of the pentagon. Each spoke has a raised tapered section.

Now I'm not going to say it would be easy to copy that wheel, but I'm sure if you started to experiment you would find it is not nearly as hard to do as you think it is.

With all the new Mustang kits being released I don't think you would have a hard time getting it cast if you put together a good master for someone to use. The demand from the kits would be there to make it worth their time. Of course someone else will probably eventually get around to something similar if you are patient enough.

one of the top metal guys like Bob Dudek could probably cut some of these from aluminum for you for a healthy fee. they would look very nice though. the other thing to watch for, especially when it comes to anything "Shelby" or "Cobra" is that Carroll Shelby is very quick to burn you for using his name on products he doesn't have control over or hasn't authorized.

Dave

Never thought about Shelby name thing :( -Your right ok Mr. Shelby they are now called melby mazor wheels changed the name to protect my innocent butt :unsure:

How can I get in touch with Bob to get pricing for some Melby Mazors?

Edited by white00gt