Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMF before paint, I gave it a shot.

Ray

I've been doing this lately too...I had some problems with it when I first tried it out, but I think now I've got it. I used to leave too much BMF, and you could see the outlines under the paint. Not now, though!

It especially works great for what you did, the letters on the tail panel. I did two Pontiacs with that, and it was a real life saver!! Might have the 69 Firebird done this week, too.

Thanks, the paint is a little more stubborn to off. The primer came of easily but i'm having to really use some elbow grease to get the paint off. Still looks way better the foiling after though. Will continue to use this trick.

Should the paint be removed from the letters after priming, and again after painting, or is it better to just leave it until the final paint is on to reduce the risk of rubbing through the foil?

Hello,

The reason to do it after primer is that if you do it only after paint, you'll most likely end up with a primer colored edge outline.

Thanks,