Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage FED, 1:25 WIP, motor is finished...

2 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

38304943et.jpg

Seat belts and fuel lines to the tank are all that's left.  Sure is a quick finish when you don't have to paint the body.

Mike..

Without front wheels those seat belts will sure be needed!

Seriously this is a superb piece of work, looks museum quality to me.

Can't wait to see it in all its glory - no doubt with those front wheels securely in place!

WOW!  Superb job on the engine (especially this outstanding fuel delivery set-up), you have good hands and good eyes my friend!!!

Concerning the front wheels, I'm not too worry about your ability to made some after what I seen from your post for the wire wheel lacing (simply stunning...)!

Just hope you will be back with the build of another of your gems when this one will be done.

Thanks for sharing Mike!

@Larry, Dennis and Edgar....thanks very much, appreciated.

The plan was for a very simple vintage FED, but with a different kind of motor.  No blower, but a nice stack injection, I like these injected Jr. Fueler -style FED's.

I made a full body for this car, but deleted the long nose and cowl, the car didn't look as good as with the simple cowl design.

Mike..

Thank you Charlie, I'm really happy with the way things turned out.  I was worried the valve covers might not be right, since they're styrene.  I wanted to cast them in nickel, but the virus dilemma has closed down my source at the time.  But the folks are back at it, so I can soon stock up on metal valve covers!  I like 'em.

Francis, Thank you.  Yes, that was a funny remark, made me laugh.  The wheels and front axle are of course already finished, the unit will be attached when all else is finished. This would be the last stage of the build.

Mike..

• 2 weeks later...