Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spotted in the AMT/MPC booth

SteveG

This was sitting in the display case next to the new tool Challenger promo's and Curbside kits. Did I miss an anouncement on a new tool F/C car kit ???

Picture062a-vi.jpg

I meant to ask John G. about it but I forgot. It looks like a new Impala SS Funny car body ..... Oh Gregg buddy ... do you have any details to share ?

:P ......

I was just going to post your pic in a thread Steve.. B)

I'm wondering the same thing....with all the announcements we have seen, I think this one got missed....

Man, how long has it been for Drag racing fans.....the drought maybe over.....

Look forward to finding out some more on this badboy. :)

Kool, cheers Marc.

Hope he may shed some light for us "who need to know".... :):D

Gasman,

I'm with you on that one....I don't mind ol'skool....but I'd much prefer newer stuff... ;)

I got to thinking, a modern Pro Stock would be one of my first choices...but we know that'll probly never happen, cause of the diecast links...

Then I thought...oh..maybe this is a diecast test shot....??

Well my excitment meter just went off the scale, make me a current pro stock kit, a promod kit hell a drag racing anything kit would do, what a about a pro stock bike

I have dragsters coming out of my ears

Model companies look at your history where have you advertised the most in motor sport????????????

Rant over

Mal

I was told it is a diecast, but we'll see what he says.

**POP**....(sound of my bubble bursting)

:):D

Thanks for the heads-up Bud.

I'd guessed (but was trying to think positive) that may be the case...

They (diecast) pretty much have all the Drag subjects tied up, hey............... ;)

I'll hold out.....I'm off to the promised land.

I was told it is a diecast, but we'll see what he says.

Bud may be right about it being diecast but that brings two questions to mind, what's it doing on shelf surrounded by plastic models ?

When did Autoworld get into the 1/24th scale diecast business? I thought they only had the 1/18th scale American Muscle line.

I say we get Gregg back over to I-Hobby Expo and demand answers from Tom Lowe, I imagine it would go something like the courtroom

scene from a "Few Good Men". (Gregg has the part of Kaffe; Tom Lowe is Col. Jessep)

Col. Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.

Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*

Kaffee: *I want the truth!*

Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*

:D Apparently I've seen way too many movies ..... :)

Edited by SteveG

:D Justa question guys, could you legally take that car, and pop it in resin, and SELL it? I'm talkin just the body, Caz I guess you could put just about any newer F/C chassis under it, Yes? Or would you need GM's, Polar Lights, Johnny lightings, or whom evers permission? :D

:lol: Justa question guys, could you legally take that car, and pop it in resin, and SELL it? I'm talkin just the body, Caz I guess you could put just about any newer F/C chassis under it, Yes? Or would you need GM's, Polar Lights, Johnny lightings, or whom evers permission? ;)

It Looks out of Porportion to me.. the Cab is too Long.. Maybe if I saw One first hand . That Might be different.