Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 57 Chevy 2 door sedan

junkyardjeff

I was hoping to find a six cylinder from the AMT 60 Chevy p/u to make it one of the cheapest 57s but painted the engine yellow to be a 265 so it will have at least one option,trying to decide to use the six lug rims or find some 5 lug rims since its not going to be a Black Widow race car.

101_0002.JPG

101_0003.JPG

I thought I had the six lugs traded for a set of 5 lugs but the person wanting them did not want to wait a couple days for me to find something to mail them in so I will use them on a future old Chevy truck project,I will look through my parts stash and see if I have a matching set of 5 lugs.

• 6 months later...

Nice to see you're getting back on this build. I'm a fan of the kit and the subject as well. The engine story is interesting and true. Chevrolet was after fleet business to move some iron and who knows how much they really  saved by painting some 265 cu in engines yellow over the 283 cu in V8, but that is what they did. Most of the fleet cars were the old "Blue Flame 6"  but I do remember seeing at least two civilian cars with the 265 engine long ago. What happened with your paint job that you needed to strip it ?  

I think I got the paint too thick and it started to crack,I was painting it in a high moisture area and had to repaint it a few times but it is now down to bare plastic so I can start over. I really wanted to find a 235 six to put in it but did not want to wait to find one so it was painted to look like it had the cheaper V8.

• 4 weeks later...