Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Ferrari 250TR

Dave B

This build is box stock except for Hasegawa's PE wire wheels.  I wanted a different colour for my TR and after some research found a French blue one entered in the '58 Le Mans by Equip Los Amigos. Was running 10th when crashed out on lap 72.  It's my interpretation of this car as the driving lights position and number placings are incorrect.  It was a great easy build and I wonder why Hasegawa have not released the later body style, there would be very little changes required to the mould? Mixed the auto acrylic myself and shot in clear.  The pics do not do the colour justice.  Goes well with my other '50s sports racers.

Tks for looking

Dave B

IMG_7825.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_7832.JPG

IMG_7834.JPG

IMG_7837.JPG

IMG_7828.JPG

Great addition to the stable David! A pleasure to see your French blue scheme, the red interior and tonneau really sets it off. I agree it’s time for a rerelease of both the 250 and the Borranni wheels, I missed out first time round.

Cheers Misha

Oh man, David, she is gorgeous!!  I’m not sure that I’ve even seen one built in that color.  It really goes well on that car.  I’m glad to read that it went together well for you.  This kit is second or third in my build queue.  I have all of the KA items for it and am looking forward to the build.  I can only hope mine turns out half as nice as yours!

Very nice indeed. I dig the tonneau. I have one waiting in the queue for the courage to build it right, like this is clearly done. The was the quintessential privateer's race car in the mid 50's so there are so many color schemes that can set off this beautiful body and still be right.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:07 PM, peekay said:

That looks great! 

I know it's just me but I usually like Ferraris more when they're not red.

x2 -  very nice model ! I also prefer Ferraris in different colors - especially TR250's had been white, black, silver, yellow, different shades of blue and so on...

Your work on this kit is fantastic. I built mine in yellow with a French blue stripe a few years back. This kit was probably the most enjoyable experience building a model I've ever had... It goes together so well and looks amazing when done right, as you have with yours. Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, beeRS said:

This really stands out in that blue. Well done - its a beaitiful build. 

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the red car pictured alongside?

Tks Sonny, the red car is a Maserati 450S in resin from Historic Racing Miniatures.  Really nice resin kit, easy to build and finished off with Hasegawa PE wire wheels. Also has aftermarket PE bonnet clips.

Dave B