Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Thom

Wanted Lola GT 1/24

I’m not sure if anyone ever made one or not. Jay Leno did a piece a while back about a guy who had a silver one. Nice looking simple car.

Thanks Mike,

I saw that one but it is REALLY ruff !!

Posted (edited)

There is a Lola slot car body in 1/24 at Pattosplace.  http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html and he does have the decals too. This link shows what could be done with the slot body.

And the finished model.

I think the one Mike posted from eBay might be the old Scale Kraft resin kit which is long out of production and rare.

I seem to remember reference to a Lola GT on Facebook for DDP Models.

https://www.bluerace24.com/index.php/kit/racing-cars/lola-mk-6-ford-le-mans-1963-1-24.html?___store=english&___from_store=deutsch

Edited by Gramps46

I also would like to find a 1/24-25 kit of the Lola Gt.  I have the 1/32 static model from Monogram, that could also be used for a slot car body.  I really need to dig out some of these kits I have stashed away and rebuild them.

Basement Finds 016.jpg

Basement Finds 017.jpg

I completely forgot that there is another company making resin Lola GT kits. It is DDP out of Italy. They are limited run and not cheep (about $160). You can buy them from www.racingkars.com

RacingKars is in Europe. I 've bought from them before (a DDP Mirage kit) and their service is excellent. (Shipping from Europe is delayed right now, however, because of COVID-19. Their are fewer flights.)

Attwood/Hobbs, Le Mans 1963:

46492855_292761444779553_166069040540391

Hansgen/Pabst, Sebring 1964:

59423332_362632681125762_720568538432641

Thanks for posting the pictures of the DDP Lola.  I posted another vendor link above for the same kit at bluerace24.com but have no personal experience with them.

Since that is in Euros with shipping they are over $200 to have one shipped to the USA.  The DDP Lola looks nice though.

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Since that is in Euros with shipping they are over $200 to have one shipped to the USA.  The DDP Lola looks nice though.

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Thanks for posting the pictures of the DDP Lola.  I posted another vendor link above for the same kit at bluerace24.com but have no personal experience with them.

Sorry, I missed that. I saw the vac formed model pictures and stopped reading. My bad.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, vintagerpm said:

Sorry, I missed that. I saw the vac formed model pictures and stopped reading. My bad.

Hey Mike, the DDP pictures were appreciated.  I have a Scale Kraft Lola GT but would be tempted otherwise.

Edited by Gramps46