Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘85 Corvette.

Scalper

Very cool!  I personally think this should be reissued.

When I was a kid in Lafayette Scale Modelers in NC, we had a common kit theme once - this was the kit.  I love seeing these built up - I guess partly because of that.  :)

On 5/10/2020 at 9:11 PM, Jonathan said:

Very cool!  I personally think this should be reissued.

When I was a kid in Lafayette Scale Modelers in NC, we had a common kit theme once - this was the kit.  I love seeing these built up - I guess partly because of that.  :)

I agree some Monogram Kits deserve the re issue treatment 

On 5/11/2020 at 2:00 PM, Justin Dodson said:

Looks great so far! I have built model kits molded in white, and one in black, but never one in red. It's interesting to see a kit molded in an actual color ?

Red is the worse to try top paint though 

I've built quite a few of the (superior-to-the MPC-version) Monogram 1985 Corvette kit , and each one was an absolute joy . 

Perhaps its finer points (vs. , again , the MPC version) are its glass (not morbidly-dark tinted) and its correct tyres ( Good Year VR-50 Gatorback ) .

Kudos to Monogram !

I don't believe that we'll see the likes of the 1985-1987 years of this kit , as it was modified into ZR-1 livery for 1988 or 1989 --- a great kit in its own right .

Keep up the great work ! I'm living-vicariously through your work !

4 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

This build looks great so far Andre. Painting that glass trim had to be a real PIA. I've got the same kind of thing going on with my 98 Trans Am and it wasn't easy. Still gotta go back and touch it up a little bit.

Window trim was not bad at all. Nice lip with a edge. Was very easy to free hand. Glass was all one piece. I needed up painting the middle portion all black