Model Cars Magazine Forum

No-name R-M chopper finished

Lyle Willits

DSCN0007-vi.jpg

Most of yooooose guys have named your choppers. I couldn't think of anything clever,,,,,so it's just a custom bike. Headers were heat wrapped with Tamiya masking tape and painted metallic color. Polished aluminum tips. Bike is fully wired.

DSCN0004-vi.jpg

Scratchbuilt mirrors, speedometer and license plate added to make it legal in Maryland. Seat was sanded smooth and red wire piping added.

DSCN0005-vi.jpg

I made a primary cover and shifter linkage. The handlebars are the result of some creative cutting and glueing.

The next one is going to have many more modifications. I find I'm currently a little obcessed with these new bike kits. Can't wait for the next two in October.

A few more pics at the link, bottom of page, if ya want them.

http://images18.fotki.com/v347/photos/1/11...DSCN0005-vi.jpg

that looks best of them all i think...because of the old school quality.

now dont get me wrong but disks dont work on this bike. and isnt your front disk on backwards? and i would have to ask whats up with the lack of detail on the back of the disks...shouldnt they be drilled through? but as i said the disks kind of dont look right...i would have none on the front and a small drum on the back. as long as i didnt have to ride it that is!

cool bike altogether though and very nice paint detailing!