Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's a few classics from my local pick n pull yard.

2 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

That dart looks like it was in good shape, the front sub is a fairly easy repair or tube chassis is always an option.

That dart was a lot worse then it looks here, the drives seat was pretty much sitting on the ground haha.

12 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Trailer-Park-Boys.jpg.8caf8f83dcb7bef1ffdf0d57c4429a17.jpg

Just like the Trailer Park Boys I am also from Nova Scotia haha. When I was just a baby my dad had a huge garage that Mike Clattenburg's (the creator of TPB) band would practice in. Mr Laheys car was Mikes daily driver at the time.

13 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

That old chevy has fire damage. I have seen this before. It might look salvageable but if the fire got hot enough it can take the temper out of the steel. 

Looks like it was somebody's finished project before it burned. Sad.

Restorers note - When a car has 70 year old wiring, probably a wise idea to go through and replace it!

12 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Looks like it was somebody's finished project before it burned. Sad.

Restorers note - When a car has 70 year old wiring, probably a wise idea to go through and replace it!

It was a very clean restored car by the looks of it. The car was sold to a guy not far from me who parted it out and used the whole floor for his own car. I was able to get the bumpers, headlight rings and door handles for my fathers car.

Just now, NOBLNG said:

I could even look pretty good if the rear was bobbed about a foot or foot and a half.?

I like the lines of the '61 Chevrolets and the roof design in particular so I would tend to leave it as is. Maybe make a Ute by removing the center of the trunk lid and turn the rest of the trunk into a tailgate of some sort. This is just weird enough to be interesting. I wonder how they did the X frame and two part drive shaft. 

25 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the lines of the '61 Chevrolets and the roof design in particular so I would tend to leave it as is. Maybe make a Ute by removing the center of the trunk lid and turn the rest of the trunk into a tailgate of some sort. This is just weird enough to be interesting. I wonder how they did the X frame and two part drive shaft. 

Not much left of the roof!? It has too much overhang on the rear to look neat, hence the bobbing idea. Alternatively, the diff and wheelwells could be moved rearward?

55 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Not much left of the roof!? It has too much overhang on the rear to look neat, hence the bobbing idea. Alternatively, the diff and wheelwells could be moved rearward?

For me the rear window design on these cars is what I find so interesting, but then I've been told by others that I'm weird, they may be correct.   

11 hours ago, Adecoste said:

Just like the Trailer Park Boys I am also from Nova Scotia haha. When I was just a baby my dad had a huge garage that Mike Clattenburg's (the creator of TPB) band would practice in. Mr Laheys car was Mikes daily driver at the time.

Those early episodes are the best !  A friend of mine turned me on to TPB some 10+ years ago --- the use of last generation Chrysler C-bodies was so unusual to me . Hilarious !