Model Cars Magazine Forum

charlie libby

Hello Charles, welcome to the forum and happy retirement!

As I can see you have chosen the right hobby for the incredible talent you have sir!  It's hard for me to visualize the size of your current build.  The 1/8 scale is pretty large so my current 1/25 model would look insignificant beside this Goliath!  You must have a very large inventory of brass and aluminum... I'm jealous!?!   Incredible display of skill...

Take care and keep doing you good work, Francis

thank you for replying .thankyou for words of encouragement.i check out your photos as well cant wait to see the finish products they look great.this is also my first time I have joined a forum of any kind so I may be a little awkward at first. heres a few pictures of a 32 ford I am also working on.

20190915_105943.jpg

20190915_145643.jpg

20190913_111942_(1).jpg

20190930_111510_(1).jpg

20190925_144138 (1).jpg

20190925_144648.jpg

20190925_144711.jpg

20190925_144706.jpg

You are "just starting scratchbuilding in 1:8 scale"?  Come on Charlie, you are pulling our legs! :)  Judging by the photos of your work, you must  have been doing this for decades! 

There is a "work in progress" section of the forum. That would be perfect venue for you to show off your projects, and for others to follow your progress.

Like Raymond, I'm curious as to your equipment. Before retirement, were you a professional machinist, or tool/die maker?

Edited by peteski

hi guys.thanks its only been off and on for about two years but now I have a lot of time, when i'm not fishing.i worked as a fabricator in nascar for over 30 yaers and built hotrods on side.i will go to work in progress and put some pictures and pictures of my tiny shop.

8 hours ago, charlie libby said:

hi guys.thanks its only been off and on for about two years but now I have a lot of time, when i'm not fishing.i worked as a fabricator in nascar for over 30 yaers and built hotrods on side.i will go to work in progress and put some pictures and pictures of my tiny shop.

Ah, so you simply had to adapt your skills to smaller scale vehicles. Nice!   I'll be on a lookout for more of your excellent creations!