Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Mad Max Falcon Back Date Conversion Kit

mustang1989

I've got an Aoshima Mad Max Falcon that I've been wanting to build but I don't want to build it as Version 2 or later. I'd like to back date it to the original interceptor car that it was before all of the hacking up and all of that. Does anyone here have one or know where I can get one at?

The kit comes with the front / original valance, decklid and other panels to back date it to it's original condition. 

Thanks in advance for any help you all can be, Joe 

I have a resin conversion kit to backdate the Aoshima kit found on ebay some years ago, but I want to keep it as I have two Aoshima kits and want to build one from the first Mad Max movie and one from the second Road Warrior movie.
I think it's the same kit that AFXN Resin did years ago but I haven't seen many of them since I bought mine so they can be a bit hard to find..

Edited by Force

3 minutes ago, Force said:

I have a resin conversion kit to backdate the Aoshima kit found on ebay some years ago, but I want to keep it as I have two Aoshima kits and want to build one from the first Mad Max movie and one from the second Road Warrior movie.
I think it's the same kit that AFXN Resin did years ago but I haven't seen many of them since I bought mine so they can be a bit hard to find..

Thanks for your post Hakan. I believe that is that same one as I've been looking for and yes siree they are definitely hard to find. 

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I got my kit from a resin caster in TENN but he seems to be gone....or changed his contact info. Seems someone would do a new kit. 

Thanks for your comment as well Dave. You'd think that someone would actually come out with a newer kit for this. I got my Falcon for a decent price and all but I've seen them go for BIG money. Crazy.

I love a good mystery on Sunday morning!

Like several of you, I got that early MM resin conversion long ago. 

The "caster in Tenn" was Mark Gendron.  He is, or was, a member here. Back in 2013 he sold the conversion kits thru a website, kustomresin.com, which seems to be long gone. No results from a web search.  And even in 2013 they were already hard to find.

Here's an old thread where Mark posts about the conversion kits:

Edited by Mike999

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:46 AM, Mike999 said:

I love a good mystery on Sunday morning!

Like several of you, I got that early MM resin conversion long ago. 

The "caster in Tenn" was Mark Gendron.  He is, or was, a member here. Back in 2013 he sold the conversion kits thru a website, kustomresin.com, which seems to be long gone. No results from a web search.  And even in 2013 they were already hard to find.

Here's an old thread where Mark posts about the conversion kits:

Sorry for the late reply Michael. That was a very interesting read through that thread and thanks for sharing it. Still looking but know something will turn up sooner or later. Thanks for the input bud.