Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sebring winning cobra csx 3016

my  cobra  team project is  getting close to being finished.  this is the 7th  so far.   this is cobra  csx 3016  owner / driver Bob  Grossman  and co driver  Ed  Lowther  won  there class  and finished 10th over all  at the 1966  Sebring 12 hour.     this is my favorite  so far, most likely because of the extra details it got.

CSX3016_1966_Sebring.jpg.f066eea06f5cb1ad1dfbe0e329f5da52.jpg

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Edited by 65slotcar
miss spell
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

That one came out awesome Bill !

Looks like the real thing ..what are the extra nodes on the passenger side inside the  number roundel ?

Love watching your Cobra collection come together.

Cheers

Looks like lights for night races to help identify a car for the pit crews. And yes it is another fabulous build.

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Looks like lights for night races to help identify a car for the pit crews. And yes it is another fabulous build.

thanks guys and  yes  lights  were used to light up car number.  couldn't  find  correct size  but they were  close enough.

50e3c36ede09d8f65548cb8fe2085a-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:06 PM, vamach1 said:

I’ll ask even though I suspect the answer is yes - are those some of the decals from the VRM Cobra sheet that is still coming soon??

yes VRM decals.  last i heard, they were to be ready for NNL  east.  but that was cancelled due to covid-19.   i  don't  know  much more.     i do  know  i still have 3   Cobra's  to finish  and they are close to done.  here is a cool set of decals  from slotracing-werk     Germany.  took   forever   to get.

IMG_0074.JPG