Model Cars Magazine Forum

I like that cooler. I remember those being used deep into the late 70's.

Cooler looks great (especially when weathered). .Good to know that Doozy is still in business.  I bought several gas pumps, newspaper dispensers, and pay phones from them years ago.  Excellent castings, excellent decals!

7 hours ago, peteski said:

Cooler looks great (especially when weathered). .Good to know that Doozy is still in business.  I bought several gas pumps, newspaper dispensers, and pay phones from them years ago.  Excellent castings, excellent decals!

Well, here's a mystery, on that "still in business."  A week or so ago, I went to order some Doozy items from HobbyLinc.com. I had copied their stock numbers before, so I know they were on the site.

Every single Doozy item had disappeared from the HobbyLinc website!  They didn't show as "Not In Stock."  They were completely gone!  The whole Doozy page had disappeared.  

But I checked just now, and...they're back!  HobbyLinc doesn't have that neat antique cooler in the OP, but they have vending machines, the pay phone, dogs and cats and some other stuff.

I guess that means I have to place another order quickly.  Before they disappear again.  Mumble...

http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?cat_s=&str_s=doozy

I bought all my Doozy kits from Hobby Link Japan. That was probably over 5 years ago.  Back then I don't think anybody had them available for sale in USA.

Well that's just super cool!

No pun intended!

:D Love the design of those old coolers. The detail looks pretty sharp and the weathering really brings it out. I like how the internals are included, much more convincing than just a boxy lump.