Model Cars Magazine Forum

cobra csx 3013

• 8 months later...

Beautiful model, but sorry, the Filipinetti Cobra CSX3013 with the race number 183 was not driven by Jo Schlesser, but by Pete Ettmüller at the hill climb of Ollon-Villars in Switzerland. The car was also driven by the more famous Swiss driver Herbert Müller (#73: St. Ursanne-Les Rangers, #236: Col du Marchairuz, #45: Monza, in a race counting for the Swiss championship) and finally with the race number 11 at the GP of Angola in Luanda by the Frenchman Jo Schlesser. All five races (there were no others for that car) took place in 1965. At the two circuit races (Monza and Luanda) the vehicle was equipped with a different windscreen.   

Edited by Charles Stünzi
a spelling mistanke

13 hours ago, Charles Stünzi said:

Beautiful model, but sorry, the Filipinetti Cobra CSX3013 with the race number 183 was not driven by Jo Schlesser, but by Pete Ettmüller at the hill climb of Ollon-Villars in Switzerland. The car was also driven by the more famous Swiss driver Herbert Müller (#73: St. Ursanne-Les Rangers, #236: Col du Marchairuz, #45: Monza, in a race counting for the Swiss championship) and finally with the race number 11 at the GP of Angola in Luanda by the Frenchman Jo Schlesser. All five races (there were no others for that car) took place in 1965. At the two circuit races (Monza and Luanda) the vehicle was equipped with a different windscreen.   

thanks for the correction,   world  registry  of Cobras  & GT40's   doesn't  have that info.   just that it  raced by  Jo  Schlesser   under  Ecurie  Filipinetti banner  and does  not mention any other drivers.

IMG_0243.JPG

You're welcome. Last year I wrote an article in English on Cobra racing cars in Switzerland in which I mostly focus on another 427 Comp, namely CSX 3004, which originally belonged to the Spaniard Paco Godia and later, in 1969 with a Swiss driver behind the wheel, caused a terrible accident at a hill climb near where I live. Six spectators were killed. Thanks to the advertisement of the company that recently sold the CSX 3004 car in the livery when Godia had won a race at Montjuic near Barcelona (see first picture), I was also able to track most of the ensuing history of this car. If you tell me your e-mail address, I can send you the article. I have also attached pictures of the CSX 3013 car driven  by Herbert Müller (#73, #236 and #45) and by Jo Schlesser (#11, at the start of the GP of Angola). You might like to make another model...

Cobra CSX 3004.jpg

cobra herbert müller - 3.jpg

cobra filipinetti.jpg

Cobra Herbert Müller Monza.jpg

cobra filipinetti gp angola 2.jpg