Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kits with 3.8 GM motor

12 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

Hey there

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of any kits that came with a 3.8 gm motor except a grand national ? Want to recreate a current vehicle we own. Thank you 

Which 3.8? I'm assuming since you mention the Grand National, your talking Buick? There was a short lived Chevy 3.8 also. 

Edited by unclescott58

4 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

North south . Rwd

Correct, and the Buick Grand National would , in my mind anyway, be the best starting point. The Turbo Charger may be a plus but it can be easily replaced with a carb. set up if need be.  By the way, what are you building ? This may help answering any questions you have. 

Edited by espo

7 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

I wanna build a 3.8 98-02 Camaro like the one I have that has the 3.8. doesn't exactly have to be a 3.8, just a 6 cylinder Chevy 

Your best bet would be to get the 4.3 V6 from the AMT S10, Blazer, or recently released Sonoma and find a parts box intake that looks close enough. 

22 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

I wanna build a 3.8 98-02 Camaro like the one I have that has the 3.8. doesn't exactly have to be a 3.8, just a 6 cylinder Chevy 

I think the Grand National Buick would give you the best build option for your 3.8 Liter Camaro. Using a stock appearing Air Cleaner will cover/hide what type of induction system you have. The manifold may have to be altered to some extent so that it looks like a normal Intake.