Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ritchie Panch Torino

yellowsportwagon

Another excellent build, Tim . I almost missed this one. They turned my Favrotes  list link  nascar to nascar wip. I had to add another link to my favorites. I bet I'm not the only one who missed this change in the forum.

38 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

Really nice! I like the subjects you pick, there always something very unique and different!! You can only look at so many Petty and Earnhardt builds. LOL

Look at any given time there was only a handful of superstars like Pearson Petty and Yarborough. The rest of the field that those guys had to beat was these guys like Ritchie and the other guys cars I build . These guys were the heart and soul of the sport. It’s a lot more challenging to build these cars. The research is hard. But I love the search for pictures and info.The best part of the obscure cars is they usuayhad cooler paintwork than the big guys. They didn’t have a giant sponsor dictating how they want the car to look.

8 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Look at any given time there was only a handful of superstars like Pearson Petty and Yarborough. The rest of the field that those guys had to beat was these guys like Ritchie and the other guys cars I build . These guys were the heart and soul of the sport. It’s a lot more challenging to build these cars. The research is hard. But I love the search for pictures and info.The best part of the obscure cars is they usuayhad cooler paintwork than the big guys. They didn’t have a giant sponsor dictating how they want the car to look.

That was the good 'ol days of racin'! Researching is as much fun as building to me. I love way you come up with these decals!!!

29 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

That was the good 'ol days of racin'! Researching is as much fun as building to me. I love way you come up with these decals!!!

Some of these cars have been in the works so to say for years. Seriously. Six years to find a good enough picture of this car to do the mural on the sail panel.

FED03B63-324C-4E17-AF8A-414DB51F6515.jpeg

1 hour ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Some of these cars have been in the works so to say for years. Seriously. Six years to find a good enough picture of this car to do the mural on the sail panel.

FED03B63-324C-4E17-AF8A-414DB51F6515.jpeg

This one deserves a thread of its own. Very excellent build and graphics.

I'm not Tim.....but the Panch decals were included in the Model King issue of the old MPC 1972 Gran Torino kit done back 2008 or there about.  Each of the MK kits came with decals for 4 version or more.  The Torino came with the Panch, Dunlevy, Bud Moore and a few fantasy schemes. 

1 hour ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I thought I did a post on this car.

You probably did. My memory aint what it used to be.  If you could post the link i'd like to view all the shots again just in case I missed it.

12 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Do a search for Maynard Troyer Torino. I can’t get the link thing to work.

yup, you posted it back in november and I commented on it. awesome build. Maybe the link will work for me

• 2 weeks later...