Model Cars Magazine Forum

54 chevy junkyard gasser

Jake-Off

Well this is my first post on this here site, and this is my only finished model from my entire 19 yrs of life. I always end up sacrificing models for other models

well heres my 54 chevy gasser i built for world of wheels model contest this past January. figured id enter something different

modelcarbuilds024.jpg

modelcarbuilds018.jpg

modelcarbuilds005.jpg

modelcarbuilds006.jpg

i have more which will be up in a lil bit

Edited by Jake-Off

All I can say is you know how to make one hell of an entrance. Man when I saw that build my jaw just about hit the floor. Your weathering and detailing is worth all 19 years of your life to build this thing.

My hat is off to you. EXCELLENT

thanks man. i was looking at some of yours. i gotta say outta the bunch the mooneyes truck is one awesome car man, turned out nice. but my gasser was the first to go to the extremes i have with it, and im still not done. i was in kind of a hurry to get it done so soon after i finish my two hot rod builds i'll get back to the gasser. just a few things like making the throttle cable actually hook up to the pedal, make better brass blocks for brake lines and fuel lines, and i have to weather the dashboard and front door jambs. just a few odds and ends to tie up, but im really happy with how it turned out....and at the world of wheels when the models were judged it was me and three others going up for best paint, i only got interior and the basic thanks for entering ya kno. my brother asked why i didn't get the best paint and they said "they couldn't describe it, and many of the other cars have 8 layers of paint" he replied with "his model does as well, and u can see every ###### one" , but to be honest weathering a model is so much easier than doing a nice show paint job, cuz if u mess up it don't matter. unlike with a nice clear job. i've stripped models down plenty of times just for it to end up a parts car hahaha

Pretty cool! How did you do the torn upholstery?

thanks. well i took a potty break and well good old double ply toilet paper came to the rescue in more than one way :D i just split the plys and painted the one layer tan and the other that blue, and alot of the floor is cigarettes ashes, since i smoke alot while im trying to figure out cool ways of doing things

thanks man. i was looking at some of yours. i gotta say outta the bunch the mooneyes truck is one awesome car man, turned out nice. but my gasser was the first to go to the extremes i have with it, and im still not done. i was in kind of a hurry to get it done so soon after i finish my two hot rod builds i'll get back to the gasser. just a few things like making the throttle cable actually hook up to the pedal, make better brass blocks for brake lines and fuel lines, and i have to weather the dashboard and front door jambs. just a few odds and ends to tie up, but im really happy with how it turned out....and at the world of wheels when the models were judged it was me and three others going up for best paint, i only got interior and the basic thanks for entering ya kno. my brother asked why i didn't get the best paint and they said "they couldn't describe it, and many of the other cars have 8 layers of paint" he replied with "his model does as well, and u can see every ###### one" , but to be honest weathering a model is so much easier than doing a nice show paint job, cuz if u mess up it don't matter. unlike with a nice clear job. i've stripped models down plenty of times just for it to end up a parts car hahaha

Thank you for the nice comments on my builds. As for the contest......in my opinion it doesnt matter how many plaques you come home with, to me trophies are just a bonus......I have over 115 trophies most of them Best of, 1st and 2nd places and they are not even on display......my satisfaction is........its the people I have entertained at the show with my builds. If you spent the majority of your time meeting people, talking to people about your builds, and how too's to get the build done, exchanging ideas, and having a blast because people show more interest in your cars over the rest of them.....you're more of a winner than the trophies will ever show.....the word gets past on, about your builds.

Excellent job

Edited by RadRidesByDan