Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Toyota Celica XX

Rich Chernosky

Kit is by    Fujimi  and represents their twin cam 2000GT.   It is 1/24 scale. The XX version has some upgrades to the engine and the handling plus those wonderful Recaro seats that I took a picture or before I put the body on. Colour on this beauty is Boyds Chezoom Teal Pearl and this was painted about two years ago. A little bit of polishing and some wax and it stood right out.  Wheels are Alcad Jet Exhaust with some dark gold dry brushed on. Kit is curbside. See photo captions  for extra details and thanks for looking.
DSC06918.JPG.3a56c1973d5eb460220c6c9307f3182a.JPGI like to take a picture of the interior before the body goes on. Seats are a decal  that was sprayed flat and the  interior is a custom mix of colors to match the exterior. Carpet is black flocking. 
DSC06931.JPG.9b37fa203c0630f12d27cd02831a19fd.JPGKit was painted two years ago and polished out nicely. Guess it had plenty of time to cure. 
DSC06942.JPG.268e50edd7eed9ea9a9aefde7ee5de79.JPGThis is always my favorite veiw. Metal exhaust tips came with the kit. 
DSC06946.JPG.98ba63b413d1e312867a35739de4c33e.JPGPhoto graphing the kit withe background took a few tries to get the angle and settings just right.