Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Bordinat Concept Cobra

cobraman

Thanks Carl . To me too sometimes in some photos .  May have a solution to the hood problem . I found a radiator in my parts box and shaped it . I also ground it down to thin it out . If I make a hole in the hood for it maybe that will be good enough . Perfect , no ! 

01E0298C-A89C-41B0-A1E5-D546A29FCCD1.jpeg

Good trick for the hood vents, you nailed it Ray!  Personally, I would have taken the hardest way by stacking thin Evergreen styrene strips with shorter ones in between as spacer and used liquid cement at ends to connect them with the hood.   Well done so far and nice project in the making!!!

Thank you guys. I realize that my solution for the vents may not be the best way to solve the problem but a mans got to know his limitations ! Not trying to make a perfect replica just something as close as my limited talents will allow.

I didn't know what this car is, never seen it before.  Ambitious enough to thwart most people, but you have a great start on it.  Regarding color, so many variations, with camera, film, lighting, printing, monitor settings, no way it will be exact, just do what you like the best, since you are in charge.  Are those taillights from a Riviera?

cant say I've heard of this cobra before. really interesting how they used the cougar concept car. but I guess if any one would know about an obscure cobra it would be you!

anyway great progress love the solution for the hood vents this is coming together nicely