Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stitchdup

trouble connecting to site

Since 07.45 this morning (bst uk time) i have been having trouble connecting to the site. Its says the server isn't responding after i try to open any threads and this is now attempt 7 to post this

it seems that some of my threads that timed out have posted even though it didn't show for me.

Did the problems resolve themselves later? That's about the time the server is making an automated backup. I don't think it should cause a problem, but I do know it loads up the server pretty well. 

Hi stitchdup  and Dave, I have been having problems since the middle of April, in fact this is the first time I have been able to get further than the opening page, it comes up (we could not locate the item you are trying to view) I just realised this time that there were some other options and I clicked on forums and it got me this far, but it all looks different, has the whole site changed or is it my laptop/server or more likely me that has cocked everything up? 

Not you - the entire forum site has been reshuffled and has bunch of new categories.

I have not had any problems accessing the website for a long time, unless it is down for maintenance of course.  Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

It seemed to resolve itself after about 45 mins, been perfect since then. I only had problems on this site