Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tweezer Fix

I have two favourite tweezers that I use all the time. The longer ones don’t open as far as I would like. I tried spreading them slightly, but I was afraid they would snap before staying put. So I took a short piece of wire and rolled it down in the crotch of the tweezers. It holds them open and the spring of the tweezers holds it in place.?

021783F5-C93E-4FC7-88CD-928031F06DBA.jpeg

CF361472-67F1-44C9-AB61-95B8A3BCB457.jpeg

97DF24FB-C0B7-4213-A17B-9A4AF26C8A63.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

That works, but makes tweezers harder to close. Not good when handling delicate items. 

I have about a dozen tweezers, so I can usually find ones that will have wide enough span to use. But if needed, I just spread mine, and never had one come apart. YMMV

Tweezers.jpg.a14a6e1e40dcb66468c16ba48aaa76c5.jpg

18 minutes ago, peteski said:

That works, but makes tweezers harder to close. Not good when handling delicate items. 

I have about a dozen tweezers, so I can usually find ones that will have wide enough span to use. But if needed, I just spread mine, and never had one come apart. YMMV

Tweezers.jpg.a14a6e1e40dcb66468c16ba48aaa76c5.jpg

I can just pop the wire out if I need more delicacy....although having twenty pairs would be an advantage, since I am always looking for mine.? I like that “crows foot” pair you have.

8 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I can just pop the wire out if I need more delicacy....although having twenty pairs would be an advantage, since I am always looking for mine.? I like that “crows foot” pair you have.

I collected those over probably 20 years or more. I finally (around 5 years ago) decided to make a a holder for them to make them easier to find.  I bought that "crow's foot" pair a while ago, but to be honest, I don; even remember last time I used them.  Probably about 80% of the time I use the same favorite pair (front row, third from the left).  Second most used are the self-closing ones, and sprue cutters. Maybe I have too many . . . :)