Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Ford Mustang GT4

19 hours ago, BDSchindler said:

Mine came in today also from Mega Hobby.  While I love the kit, I would have preferred it with an opening hood and fully detailed engine compartment.  No regrets tho...I love it!

Probably easy to do. Indycals has decals for it 

I got 3 coming up from the US to Canada next week..hopefully. I too wish it had full motor detail but will settle for the fact that we get a new Gen Mustang of any kind. I'd still love to see the GT500 done by Tamiya as a fully detailed kit. Maybe the sales of this will spark Tamiya to make some more American car kits. They clearly have a good partnership going with Ford, so a GT500 and maybe the Gen 3 Raptor? 

1 hour ago, Jhedir6 said:

I got 3 coming up from the US to Canada next week..hopefully. I too wish it had full motor detail but will settle for the fact that we get a new Gen Mustang of any kind. I'd still love to see the GT500 done by Tamiya as a fully detailed kit. Maybe the sales of this will spark Tamiya to make some more American car kits. They clearly have a good partnership going with Ford, so a GT500 and maybe the Gen 3 Raptor? 

I think as many as we here are buying......I hope Tamiya will notice......I'd still like to see a NASCAR Mustang from someone.

16 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I think as many as we here are buying......I hope Tamiya will notice......I'd still like to see a NASCAR Mustang from someone.

Personally I'm not a NASCAR guy, tho if they did a Mustang I'd likely get a few, but I am ecstatic over the GT4. 

Hopefully Tamiya will notice, to be honest, I think they already have. The Ford GT must have done reasonably well as they made another trip to Canada to scan the Mustang. 

I'd still like to see them do a full Raptor. Personally I'd rather see the Gen1 Raptor, but the Gen2 is more likely, if at all. Tho the Gen3 is due for 2021? so that would be cool as well. 

A C8 would be nice but they seem to only be dealing with Ford.

I've got three coming up from the US this week as well as a couple sets of Indycal decals. Something to work on at work as we head into another month of lockdown.

9 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

I have done a lot of licensing work with the big 3 US auto manufactures. Ford is the easiest to work with, offers the most help and cheapest.  Ford WANTS models made of their product. GM is different to be polite......all  I'll say in case I have to go to them again!! 

4 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I have done a lot of licensing work with the big 3 US auto manufactures. Ford is the easiest to work with, offers the most help and cheapest.  Ford WANTS models made of their product. GM is different to be polite......all  I'll say in case I have to go to them again!! 

Heard the same about Ford, if I remember correctly they even can provide copies of original blueprints 

BTW if one has FB and interested in an online build of the kit, click on link.

Ford Mustang GT4 Tamiya / Scale 1:24

Edited by Luc Janssens

34 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Heard the same about Ford, if I remember correctly they even can provide copies of original blueprints 

BTW if one has FB and interested in an online build of the kit, click on link.

Ford Mustang GT4 Tamiya / Scale 1:24

Got my 2 kits....look great but will wait until Indycals gets their decals out. 

The reason we have kits by Monogram of the Ford Mustang GTX, GTP, IMSA GTO and Trans Am is because Ford wanted kits and they helped Monogram in a number of ways! 

IMSA GTX

MUSTANGGTPb.JPG

Edited by Dave Van

12 hours ago, Gt fan said:

I’m sure splash or someone soon will have the paint out. Saw the car run ,it’s close to the Menards NASCAR color.

I never got a chance to see it in person. 

12 hours ago, Gt fan said:

I always wished Tamiya did the 95 Cobra r kit as a race car back then. Instead of the street car

I'm currently building that kit. Started it many years ago. Had the bright idea to paint it black. I don't know what I was thinking. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, Jhedir6 said:

Personally I'm not a NASCAR guy, tho if they did a Mustang I'd likely get a few, but I am ecstatic over the GT4. 

Hopefully Tamiya will notice, to be honest, I think they already have. The Ford GT must have done reasonably well as they made another trip to Canada to scan the Mustang. 

I'd still like to see them do a full Raptor. Personally I'd rather see the Gen1 Raptor, but the Gen2 is more likely, if at all. Tho the Gen3 is due for 2021? so that would be cool as well. 

I've got three coming up from the US this week as well as a couple sets of Indycal decals. Something to work on at work as we head into another month of lockdown.

Would love for Tamiya to do the C8. Ive always wanted them to do the Dodge Viper also.