Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next Moebius Ford truck kit?

I bought the '65 f-100 long bed kit, it has three tail gates included along with three air cleaners. But the one tail gate look's to be for an '80-86 . Found a pic of a real tail gate via the internet  that looks just like the third one in the kit. So maybe an 80-86 F-150???? 

Ford tail gate.jpg

4 minutes ago, ranma said:

I bought the '65 f-100 long bed kit, it has three tail gates included along with three air cleaners. But the one tail gate look's to be for an '80-86 . Found a pic of a real tail gate via the internet  that looks just like the third one in the kit. So maybe an 80-86 F-150???? 

Since Moebius doesn't make an '80-86 F-series, I'd assume it's the tailgate from one of their early 70s kits...the '71 Ranger tailgate is similar to that.

I was implying that since the tail gate looks to be for an 80-86 that this might be a sign that the next pickup might be from the early 80's On another note I wish they would have two dash choices for the 65/66 F-100 . This is like the one my grandpa's '65 f-100 had in it.

dash (1).jpg

28 minutes ago, ranma said:

I was implying that since the tail gate looks to be for an 80-86 that this might be a sign that the next pickup might be from the early 80's On another note I wish they would have two dash choices for the 65/66 F-100 . This is like the one my grandpa's '65 f-100 had in it.

That’s the base dash, since the Moebius ‘65-66 kits are all Custom Cabs, they have the other dash.  I checked my kits, that spare tailgate is the same as in the ‘70 4x4.  Moebius often includes parts from other kits since they have shared tooling. 

My gr

5 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

That’s the base dash, since the Moebius ‘65-66 kits are all Custom Cabs, they have the other dash.  I checked my kits, that spare tailgate is the same as in the ‘70 4x4.  Moebius often includes parts from other kits since they have shared tooling. 

My grandpa's truck was a custom cab, no side trim , It was red .... simular to the pic but red with white bumpers and grill. Standard dash like the one i posted..

65-F100.jpg

• 3 weeks later...