Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Jim Paschal Chevy

MarkJ

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Horrorshow said:

What kit was used for this build, I’d like to do something like this 

David, it was an old kit. Some kind of low rider kit. I bought it at a model car show 15 years ago and the kit was way over that in age. I'm pretty sure it was a Revell kit. If I did the wip here, I'll try to find it and get you the link to the wip that should have a picture of the kit. Good luck finding it.

2 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

David, it was an old kit. Some kind of low rider kit. I bought it at a model car show 15 years ago and the kit was way over that in age. I'm pretty sure it was a Revell kit. If I did the wip here, I'll try to find it and get you the link to the wip that should have a picture of the kit. Good luck finding it.

Thanks for the info 

4 minutes ago, Horrorshow said:

Thanks for the info 

The wip was done at scale auto, and they went away, so my wip went away with them. Just like all the wips I did at Randy Ayers that went away when they crashed a while back. Maybe I can find the kit picture in my files.

2 minutes ago, Horrorshow said:

Thanks Mark. Do you recall any difficulties converting this lowrider to a NASCAR?

None at all. The main thing that made it a lowrider were the tires and wheels and decals of course. It's basically just a stock 65 Chevy. I think there has been a reissue of a 1965 Chevy kit and Hob Lob still has them in stock. I think it has something to do with Foose, whatever that is.

20 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

None at all. The main thing that made it a lowrider were the tires and wheels and decals of course. It's basically just a stock 65 Chevy. I think there has been a reissue of a 1965 Chevy kit and Hob Lob still has them in stock. I think it has something to do with Foose, whatever that is.

Thanks, I’ve seen a few for sale.