Model Cars Magazine Forum

Caterpillar Cable Dozer

James, is this the new issue D7?  How do you find the plastic?? I have an original issue D7 crawler, and the plastic is SO brittle, it is almost un-buildable..... nearly every part that is cut from the sprue breaks.....  especially the contolr rods.... how do you find this one so far? I'd love to get the latest issue but if the plastic is brittle, I may have to re-consider....

Jeff

4 minutes ago, Biggu said:

James, is this the new issue D7?  How do you find the plastic?? I have an original issue D7 crawler, and the plastic is SO brittle, it is almost un-buildable..... nearly every part that is cut from the sprue breaks.....  especially the contolr rods.... how do you find this one so far? I'd love to get the latest issue but if the plastic is brittle, I may have to re-consider....

Jeff

It’s not the newest one with the roof, but  I’ve also built the one with the winch and didn’t have to much issues with the plastic breaking,  I think they changed that years ago.  (I did have a broken part on the sprue and I emailed them and they sent me an entire sprue with no issues)
the only negative to this kit is the cleanup takes a long time, they like to use a lot of attachment points on tiny parts which can lead to breaking them if you’re not careful.

btw for the control rods 23 gauge syringe needles are the perfect size to replace them.

23 hours ago, JET. said:

It’s not the newest one with the roof, but  I’ve also built the one with the winch and didn’t have to much issues with the plastic breaking,  I think they changed that years ago.  (I did have a broken part on the sprue and I emailed them and they sent me an entire sprue with no issues)
the only negative to this kit is the cleanup takes a long time, they like to use a lot of attachment points on tiny parts which can lead to breaking them if you’re not careful.

btw for the control rods 23 gauge syringe needles are the perfect size to replace them.

Thanks James, and yes it was the one with the roof I was wondering about, I wonder if I asked if they might exchange just the one sprue ........... hhmm, sounds like customer service is good with them, they have such good subject matter...... thanks for the info, and like the other guys here, I also am looking forward to your further updates, this is really looking the part.... and thanks for the tip....

Jeff

• 3 months later...