Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Ok I’m getting very annoyed.It seems as if I have to change my password three four times a day.It won’t let me post.So I change it, then it lets me post,etc.Its driving me nuts, especially being on the website is basically the only enjoyment I have during the day.Its either that, or I stare at the wall.Theres no where to go and nothing to do.We are on lock down and I feel like a dam prisoner, caged animal.I can’t sleep.Etc.Someone please help....🤪😤😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Ok I’m getting very annoyed.It seems as if I have to change my password three four times a day.It won’t let me post.So I change it, then it lets me post,etc.Its driving me nuts, especially being on the website is basically the only enjoyment I have during the day.Its either that, or I stare at the wall.Theres no where to go and nothing to do.We are on lock down and I feel like a dam prisoner, caged animal.I can’t sleep.Etc.Someone please help....🤪😤😩

This is new to me. What kind of computer and browser are you using? And, at the risk of sounding like Jeff Dunham's ventriloquist dummy, have you cleared your browser cache?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does password problem prevent you from posting?

Does the forum (for no reason) kick you out from your account, or does it still show you as being logged in (do you see your name and link to your profile in the upper right corner of the website)?

Why do you have to change the password?!?!?!  The old password fails to log you in, and you have to use the password reset procedure?

What exactly happens when you try to post a massage?  Does the text window show up on the bottom of your screen?  Can you type in there?  Does the problem show up when you hit "Submit Reply" button?  More details about the problem would be helpful to the moderators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, peteski said:

How does password problem prevent you from posting?

Does the forum (for no reason) kick you out from your account, or does it still show you as being logged in (do you see your name and link to your profile in the upper right corner of the website)?

Why do you have to change the password?!?!?!  The old password fails to log you in, and you have to use the password reset procedure?

What exactly happens when you try to post a massage?  Does the text window show up on the bottom of your screen?  Can you type in there?  Does the problem show up when you hit "Submit Reply" button?  More details about the problem would be helpful to the moderators.

Now it let me on.I changed my password again.I keep having to change my PW,what’s the deal.Later on,the website probably won’t let me back on.I just don’t understand why this is happening.I’ve never had this problem on this website.Has anybody out there have this happen to them?It will probably boot me off again.I even was thinking of going to a Verizon store,but I’m too lazy for that.It just keeps asking me to sign on with my screen name and PW,or PW,and my email address.Then it doesn’t do anything,but ask me to do a security check by entering and checking off pictures of cars,bridges,signs,etc.Then it asks me to secure my entry by re entering my screen name and PW.Then I get a message in red that someone is using this email address,Yea ME.Frustating,bored,out of work,so I go on this site.Idk what else to say.😤😤😤😤Arrrgggg.Whats weird is it asked me to change my PW,which I did,and now it lets me on.Idk,any mire ideas.By the way guys,thanks for the help,,Dave Ambrose ? Peteski.????Ive been on this site since 2012,I think,& nothing like this has ever happened.Its really pissing me off.Arrrrggggg.Well I’ll just wait to see if I get booted off again.😭🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so this is a sign-on (not a posting) problem.  That is strange, especially that email warning.  Maybe someone else (hacker?) created another user account here using your email address, and the forum software is not  happy.  That is something that (now that we have more details of the problem) hopefully the forum admins can look into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron, the forum has the option to "join the conversation" without being logged in...... I bet that is the box you are clicking when trying to reply to something? It would probably send you thru a Captcha and all that to get a reply in.......

If you're logged in you have a different reply box, and can post without the Captcha nonsense.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, peteski said:

Ok, so this is a sign-on (not a posting) problem.  That is strange, especially that email warning.  Maybe someone else (hacker?) created another user account here using your email address, and the forum software is not  happy.  That is something that (now that we have more details of the problem) hopefully the forum admins can look into.

The board requires that both your user name and email address be unique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just changed my PW again,and again,it let me on.It says join the conversation,asks for my email address,I put it in,then it asks for security,I’m not a robot popop ups,then I can’t get on.Its weird,this never happened before.I am going to write down my newest PW in my notes.Sure hope I don’t have to keep doing this.
Thanks again for all the help.See world now,after I changed my PW,for about the 10th time.🤨🤪.So again,Jolly,what should I do?Why is it allowing me to get on the site,and then kicks my butt off a little later after I make some posts ,or respond to some posts.Ahhhhhhh,Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened again,Now it’s says insert into URL.Im as confused as a baby raccoon Lol It’s asking me if I want to sign on and it gives me two choices.I press the right user name,it automatically fills in the PW,Ive chosen,I hit the one I used,and it still won’t let me on.So once again,I change my PW,I get an email to change my PW,I change it,and then it works.Although this time I used the most recent PW I picked,and it worked.Idk.Im about to chuck my phone out the window.Lol🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use a not-so-schmart phone.  I'm often logged in to the forum concurrently from multiple computers (Windows PCs) and stay logged in for days or weeks. I don't ever seem to get kicked off. If I want to logoff I have to left-click on my user name in the upper right cornet and click on "Sign Out".

Sorry to say that Ron, but it seems that the problem seems to be on your end.  Maybe your web browser is acting up, or maybe your password manager is flipping out?  I can't help with that.  Or maybe your phone/browser got infected by some sort of malware and it is messing up your access to this forum.

Do you have another device (preferably a computer, not a phone) to and login from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been logged in on multiple devices at the same time with no issues. I would log out of the forum, clear the cache, run a virus/malware scan and then log back in with the current info, making sure to NOT check any unwanted boxes.

I was just able to login using my existing display name and password from my iPhone, while logged in on my work computer. Never sent to captcha or asked to do anything different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When in doubt, reboot!

Go to main page for this board. 

Click on the three vertical stripes in the upper right corner 

The top word should be “Sign Out” do so.

Now delete every browser window showing.

Turn off your phone.

Wait a few minutes and turn on the phone again. That should’ve rebooted everything.

Bring up board main page. Click on those same 3 vertical stripes. It should say “Existing Users Log in”.  Do so and see how things go 

Edited by Tom Geiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used my New PW again in Aol,but this time I used the same one and it worked.But it will definitely knock me off again.I’ll try the ideas some of u guys had.

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it’s going through.Most of the time,on top,in red,it says user name and PW don’t match.Check yo see if cap locks is on.It isn’t.Hmmm🤔I’ve been using the same PW and user name since I signed on for the first time back 13.Again I’ll try your ideas.I can’t keep changing my PW.🤪🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it worked.Thanks guys, especially u Tom.Im not great with computers, but u made it easy,duh,I’m a putz.🤪lol...I guess we will wait and see.

Thanks all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something I've never heard of here.

I'm not sure that I even remember my password!

 

I have the site bookmarked and I visit daily.

I haven't been asked to put in a password since...........forever!

 

 

 

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

This is something I've never heard of here.

I'm not sure that I even remember my password!

 

I have the site bookmarked and I visit daily.

I haven't been asked to put in a password since...........forever!

 

 

 

 

Steve

Same here. I have MCM tabbed on two PCs, and saved to Home Screen on the Android. Even when I reboot these devices, MCM comes back up without me having to login.  On other forums, I do have to login.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps your browser is running in private/incognito mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

 

I'm not sure that I even remember my password!

Ha! I logged out to see what the log in looked like to give Ron the correct advice and had trouble getting back in!  I wasn’t sure what my password was either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got my password written down....in the hobby room....somewhere.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...