Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Green 'T' indoor car show diorama

Rocking Rodney Rat

RRR,

This is the "awesomest" show kar display ever!  I kame from a time when you wouldn't have thought twice about building a display like this for you local Kar Show!  The Portland Roadster Show was where I first saw a hot rod/kustom kar show! Then when we were doing model kar shows in Seattle and Goodguys Puyallup Show the Kool Kar Displays started fallin' away.  Love what you've done!! -KK

AWESOME.jpg.69676da4b14f4027c3d4dc62c9f033d2.jpg

You used to see displays like this in Model Car Science all the time!  This one looks fabulous and is a perfect enhancement to the model on display.  Era perfect too!

Some years ago my club did a display at our NNL on a 4x8 sheet of ply.  There were over forty cars on display in a modular show setting and it looked stupendous.  I tried to float the idea of an international modular show display, like the N scale railroaders do, when I used to post on the other Forum but the idea sunk without a trace.  Maybe it's time to get it going again?

I'll see if I can find some photos to show what we did.

Great work Rodney, inspiration galore right here!

Cheers

Alan

On 5/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Thanks Alan, I always enjoy your enthusiasm from the other side of the world (which I have visited and it's amazing, friendliest people in the world, Aussies!!!) I'm interested to see if you have photos  of the modular display, that's a really kool idea......-RRR

No worries, Rodney, I just found some of the pictures so I will start a new thread under Dioramas.

Cheers

Alan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...